It’s an exciting time to join our client’s Litigation Docketing team! This role requires an in-office presence 1 days/week and an ability to work PST hours.
- Calendar dates generated by court documents and other papers, as needed, through use of automated docket system.
- Apply experience and seasoned knowledge of state and federal court docketing procedures. Maintain and demonstrate sound knowledge of court/agency rules and procedures and advise attorneys accordingly.
- Follow established streamlined departmental standards and ensure accuracy and consistency of calendar entries.
- Prepare and distribute the weekly Firmwide docketing reports, adhering to established departmental timelines.
- Maintain and monitor updates of court/agency rules and procedures, advise attorneys and staff accordingly.
- Perform electronic state and federal court filings, applying developing knowledge of federal and state court systems and electronic filing systems.
- Review documents prior to filing for conformity to court requirements. Effectively convey detailed information to ensure compliance with court rules.
- May communicate electronic filing procedure guidelines, requirements and updates to attorneys, paralegals, and secretaries.
- Select and direct use of third-party attorney services vendors to effect filing of documents, delivery, or research at any court. Build strong relationships with outside service providers to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. Identify and organize information to be relayed to outside services.
- Perform general procedural research in any jurisdiction nationwide, collaborating with team members and other departments, as necessary, to achieve successful results.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and calendaring experience.
- Minimum of four years litigation calendaring experience required; experience using CompuLaw preferred.
- Experience with and general knowledge of both CA State and Federal civil procedures
- Ability to take an assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision or by following broad guidelines.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product.
- Highly effective communications skills, (written and verbal); and ability to communicate credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and other applications used by department.
- Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines under sometimes competing priorities.
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
Where required by law, salary ranges are stated below. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus, overtime as applicable, health/welfare benefits, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and PTO. The range displayed is specifically for positions performed in those cities/states and may vary based on factors including but not limited to the following: local market data and ranges; an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience; and certain degrees, licensing, and certifications.
San Francisco, Palo Alto salary range: $62k to $92k
Los Angeles, San Diego salary range: $58k to $87k
(possibility for greater compensation, depending on advanced qualifications)
Salary: $58,000 – $92,000
Date Active: 9.28.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt