New York, NY
Our client is seeking a receptionist to join its New York Office. The Receptionist plays an integral role for their office and will serve as the firm’s New York “brand ambassador” by creating and delivering exceptional customer service and a memorable/lasting experience to the firm’s internal and external clients. This highly visible role will be the “face of the office”. The ideal candidate will play an important strategic role in enhancing the firm’s relationship with our clients, guests, and employees. The Receptionist & Catering Coordinator will aim to provide the highest level of customer service and a positive experience to all those who enter our office space. The individual must thrive and take pride in a front-facing service role. This position will have responsibility on the main reception desk and conference center floor and will require resourcefulness and working knowledge of the conference center protocols, as well as the workings of the other office floors.
- Answer and screen all incoming internal and external phone calls in a professional and welcoming manner and direct calls to appropriate party
- Assist all guests and facilitate their arrival and departure by using appropriate technology and other means to provide accurate information
- Notify the building security ahead of time with guest list and provide accurate information of where they should direct our visitors
- Welcome and greet guests/clients and notify attorney/staff of their arrival immediately
- Make sure the guest feels comfortable in our reception area or escort them to a conference room if directed to do so
- Schedule conference rooms for client/internal meetings, as well as special events, including specifying catering orders for beverages and food
- Communicate with caters and place food orders for meetings and events as necessary
- Communicate any conference room changes in a timely manner with the appropriate party as well as IT, Facilities etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with our IT Department to ensure that that Audio/Visual and other technology requirements for meetings are met and set up appropriately
- Accept food deliveries and ensure they are set up in the correct conference rooms or route to appropriate personnel
- Assist with scheduling visiting offices for attorneys and staff from other firm locations
- Actively participate in the firm’s emergency response plan and act as a first responder for onsite emergencies, as needed
- Provide back-up support for other team members
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience using EMS or comparable conference room scheduling software
- Experience using Maptician or comparable office seating reservation software
- Experience working with catering vendors directly to place food orders as appropriate for various meetings/events
- Experience using Seamless Web/Grub Hub for last minute orders
- Understanding and applying appropriate billing codes for each food order
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- The ability to multi-task in a calm and professional demeanor while under pressure
- Exceptional customer service skills to internal and external clients
- The ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
- Comfortable following instructions and procedures from a diverse group of clients, attorneys, professional staff, and vendors
- Demonstrated professionalism, courtesy, and diplomacy
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, early mornings, evenings, or weekends, as needed to accommodate the business needs
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and promote a positive, team-oriented environment
Reporting to the Senior Director of Administration, the ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience providing front desk, concierge support to internal and external clients in a law firm or professional services firm setting. Experience providing hospitality support is a plus. Catering experience in a law firm, professional service firm or restaurant environment a plus. Bachelor’s degree required.
The anticipated range for this position is: $57,000 – $75,750
Depending on the role, the actual base salary offered may depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
A discretionary bonus for eligible employees may also be available based on performance. Additional information about employee eligibility for benefits and discretionary bonus will be made available upon request.