New York, NY
Proofreader with a minimum of five years legal experience.
Monday – Friday 12:00 a.m. – 7:45 a.m (45 minute break)
- Cold reads.
- Full reads.
- Ability to read handwritten, word-processed or printed documents against a mark-up or new master for accuracy of transcription, grammar, sense and typos.
- Financial printer proofs.
- Defined terms index checks.
- Cross-references checks.
- Manual redlining and blacklining.
- Familiarity with Adobe’s annotating tool for marking PDFs
- Creating PDFs using E-copy of proofreading mark-ups.
- Assisting when needed in handling and monitoring incoming e-mail requests.
- Following up with Proofreader Workflow Coordinator’s as well as requestor on additional proofreading questions or requests.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of proofreading experience at a law firm.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player mentality.
- Ability to work alone and in teams in a remote and/or office setting environment
- Thorough knowledge of proofreading procedures.
- Ability to work under time constraints.
- Proficiency in the use of the Black’s Law Dictionary and Citation books.
- Familiarity with current Bluebook formatting guidelines.
- Knowledge of blacklining and cumulative blacklining.
Our client provides competitive compensation and benefits to its employees. The expected base salary for this role ranges from $75,500 – $77,000. The base salary offer is based on a variety of factors which includes, but is not limited to, qualifications, education and experience.
Salary: $75,000 – $77,500
Date Active: 9.29.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt