New York, NY
The Corporate Training Manager will report to our client’s Professional Development & Training (“PD&T”) Director of Corporate. This team member will primarily focus on maintaining and assisting in the execution of interactive training programs, workshops and resources designed to engage and develop the firm’s Corporate attorneys. This is a hybrid role which requires in-office attendance in accordance with the schedule set forth by the department. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
Under the direction of the PD&T Director, the Manager will:
- Maintain and assist in the execution of in-house training programs and workshops for Corporate attorneys (including both in-person and remote sessions)
- Oversight of team’s process relevant to the M&A and Private Funds practice groups, including day-to-day logistics, timelines and training materials
- Manage general trainings that apply across all Corporate practice groups (including first- and second-year training sessions and conferences).
- Oversee internal communications regarding Corporate practice group trainings.
- Assist with on-boarding lateral Corporate associates.
- Assist in maintaining internal training database to optimize user experience and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Initiate or assist in technology adoption initiatives in support of other duties.
- Collaborate with various departments and firm committees throughout the firm, including:
- Inclusion, Legal Personnel, Business Development and Alumni Relations to develop and assist initiatives.
- IT, graphic design and audio/visual professionals to deliver programming that is engaging and efficient to onsite and remote employees.
- Events department to ensure flawless program execution.
- 4+ years of management experience in the talent development space and/or 2+ years as a practicing associate, preferably in a large law firm
- Preferable management experience over team process
- Ability to take the initiative to work independently, as well as collaborate with others and work well in a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and business professionals throughout the firm on program development and delivery.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, including strong attention to detail in all written work.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with a client service orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree required; J.D. preferred
$115,000 – $130,000. The firm offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
*The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.