New York, NY or Roseland, NJ
Our client, an AmLaw100 law firm, is looking for a corporate paralegal with AML experience in either their New York, NY or Roseland, NJ office.
- Prepare AML, tax, credit, and other compliance certifications
- Assist with ongoing compliance and onboarding projects
- Assist with Brazil custody project
- Assist with the India compliance, corporate, trading, and custody matters
- Assist with maintenance of Client databases and other tasks
- Perform cursory review of agreements based on team’s needs; heavy contact with assigned attorneys; immediate and heavy client contact; attention to detail and responsiveness is imperative.
- Assist with related matters, such as billing summaries, data reconciliations and discrepancies
- Assist with maintenance of multiple trackers/checklists; client contact required
- Prepare and issue form documents to various counterparties and follow up for execution (seek attorney assistance as needed). Direct contact with clients and attorneys needed.
- Must be able to work well various people in different departments and think proactively.
- Must be able to multi-task, problem-solve, work well under pressure, balance priorities.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed, and on short notice, is essential.
- Work with the various client offices on multiple transactions and follow up.
- Work with Clients to address outstanding matters.
- Maintain and manage workflow assignments; work closely with attorney re: same.
- Assist attorneys with inquires and data searches.
- Provide general administrative support to AML team members and specific clients as needed.
- Other projects as assigned by the AML team leader.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college is preferred;
- A minimum of 2 years of paralegal experience in Corporate law is a plus;
- Paralegal certification from an ABA-approved program is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and work well with others;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are critical;
- A desire to learn and adapt as needed;
- Ability to exhibit flexibility and work in a fast paced environment is critical;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work under intense pressure is critical and essential.
The salary range for this role is $65,000 – $75,000. Compensation is based on various factors, including experience and qualifications.
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000
Date Active: 8.10.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt