The Conflicts Staff Attorney will be responsible for assisting with the review, identification, and resolution of potential conflicts issues Firmwide, including all new business and laterals. This position will report to the Conflicts New Business Manager or the Conflicts Lateral Hire Manager and will work closely with the Director of Conflicts/Legal, Director of Conflicts/Operations, Conflicts and New Business, Lateral Conflicts Team, and Firm partners. Job responsibilities and duties will include a combination of the below depending on whether you are focused on clearing New Business or Lateral Hires. There is an overlap in responsibilities and training provided.
- Review and analyze conflicts reports for all new business, informational requests, and changes in current matters that arise
- Review search results generated by the Conflicts Analysts and identify potential conflicts of interest with respect to all new business.
- Prepare a Conflicts Summary for Firm lawyers outlining conflicts results
- Work closely with Firm lawyers, Director of Conflicts/Legal, and NB CSA Manager to implement screening requirements, obtain waivers and answer other conflicts inquiries as required.
- Perform analysis and reviews of new business forms and provide assistance with the new business intake process as needed.
- Draft engagement letters, waivers, and screens as needed.
- Participate in weekly meetings of the Conflicts Staff Attorneys (New Business and Lateral)
- Assist with onboarding laterals as needed.
- Study and stay current with laws and rules pertaining to conflicts of interest with respect to each jurisdiction in which the Firm maintains offices.
- Maintain records for tracking and timely completion of all conflicts review projects undertaken.
- Perform various special projects and duties as assigned.
- Review Conflicts Questionnaires submitted by lateral hire candidates.
- Review search results generated by the Conflicts Analysts and identify potential conflicts of interest with respect to the lateral candidate.
- Communicate with Firm partners to resolve potential conflicts of interest that are identified in the search results.
- Prepare a comprehensive Conflicts Summary for lateral partner candidates that lists all current clients and matters on which the partner candidate is working and identifying all potential conflicts and screens that will be necessary. This report will be reviewed by sponsoring partners and Firm management.
- Communicate with lateral candidates with additional questions or requesting clarifications.
- Participate in discussions on how to streamline the lateral hire clearing process, including IT enhancements.
- Juris Doctor
- Knowledge of rules of professional responsibility
- Admission to a bar in jurisdiction where Firm has office
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
The salary range for this position is $120,000 – $150,000.
Salary: $120,000 – $150,000
Date Active: 9.28.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt