Chicago, IL; NYC
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for managing the compensation processes for business professionals and attorneys. This will include merit and bonus processes, salary surveys and benchmarking new and existing positions. The Compensation Analyst maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
Our client offers a hybrid work model, allowing the flexibility to work both on-site and remotely on a regular basis
- Deliver compensation guidance regarding business professionals and compensation programs aligned with the firm’s strategy, mission and law firm industry market.
- Lead the compensation analysis and market pricing of roles for a competitive pay structure while adjusting as needed for market trends, internal equity and engagement.
- Collaborate with Non-Legal Staff Recruiting Manager in the analysis and review of job classification and reclassification requests; quality controls the job classification process for both existing positions and newly created positions, performing job audits as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Chief Talent Officer, Director of Human Resources and Finance to strategize a merit and bonus structure for non-partner attorneys that are not classified as Associates.
- Identifies and researches market changes in compensation and/or bonus structures for other Am Law 100 firms.
- Research and analyze competitive compensation practices in the job market; contributes to established compensation surveys and/or develops and implements custom surveys as appropriate.
- Provide a consultative and collaborative relationship with the other HR colleagues at the firm regarding understanding and delivering compensation programs and maintaining pay equity.
- Maintain overall compensation programs and systems and ensuring compliance with federal, state, or local laws and regulations, which include pay transparency in various jurisdictions.
- Analyze trends, research best practices, monitor economic conditions, maintain awareness of changes in law firm strategy and make recommendations for program revisions and development.
- Participate in the development of compensation communications to ensure that leaders and managers have the right level of knowledge and ensuring communications are well planned and effectively implemented.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and maintenance of compensation processes, tools, and systems.
- Assist in reviewing, maintaining and updating law firm job descriptions for business professional positions in concert with the Director of HR and Non-Legal Staff Recruiting Manager.
- Establishing FLSA status, classification, EEO codes and job codes. Reviewing and proposing resolution on classification questions and FLSA exemptions and recommending compensation adjustments according to findings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field and four or more years of progressive experience in compensation processes. Experience in a law firm/legal environment or professional services firm preferred. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) and certified compensation professional credentials preferred.
- Experience with job architecture and equity analysis.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software. Advanced Excel skills in spreadsheet, charts, modeling worksheets, pivot tables and strong knowledge of HRIS Systems such as Oracle Fusion/Success Factors.
- Strong understanding of state and federal laws and regulations as they apply to compensation programs and pay transparency laws/regulations.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of compensation administration.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Maintain data integrity through attention to detail and accuracy, prioritize and meet deadlines as well as process, manipulate, and summarize reports.
- Make sound decisions and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrate strategic focus.
- Possess exceptional judgement and professionalism.
- Strong problem-solving skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to function in stressful situations and think strategically and analytically to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly. Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Work occasionally requires more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $125,000. Our client offers an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution, parental leave, transportation fringe benefit program, back-up care option, generous paid time off policy, and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Salary: $110,000 – $140,000
Date Active: 9.29.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt