Under the direction of the Office Administrator, the Records Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the records team, as well as utilizing in-depth knowledge of established records and data management theory and procedure to develop, maintain, and implement efficient systems for creation, use, maintenance and disposition of client and administrative records firmwide.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Developing, implementing, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Managing staff; providing performance counseling/guidance, conducting performance evaluations, and making salary and disciplinary recommendations for staff.
- Managing workflow and workload distribution across the team while providing hands-on support as needed.
- Leading the records team by coaching, mentoring, and resolving issues to support operations, articulate goals, recognize individual achievement and facilitate and encourage continuing education and development of the team.
- Managing records retention program and records transfer/release procedures.
- New employee orientation, introducing paralegals and secretaries to the firm’s records management procedures.
- Developing and maintaining training and procedural documentation.
- Staying abreast of best practices in the records management environment.
- Assessing staff, equipment, technology, space, and supply needs.
- Monitoring expenses, reviewing invoices, and assisting with budget forecasts.
- Maintaining up-to-date relevant department information on the Records page on the firm intranet (HUB)
- Maintaining close working relationships other firm departments as necessary.
- Two years’ experience in a law firm records environment, as well as two years’ supervisory/management experience.
- Strong computer and database skills, with experience utilizing legal-specific systems preferred.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work productively with all levels of firm personnel.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all firm policies and procedures.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $110,000, depending on experience and qualifications
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.