New York, NY
A global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Workplace Services Specialist I to join their winning team, located in New York. The success of the firm is largely determined by their commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides clients with the highest quality of work and service. The Firm is driven by their core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Workplace Services Specialist I will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Firm’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Workplace Services Specialist I, you will be responsible for performing a variety of activities and support services which include Facilities and Guest Services responsibilities. This position will require working weekends and three weekdays, with hours from 8:00 or 9:00 am through 4:00 or 5:00 pm on weekends, and rotating shifts on weekdays. You will provide exceptional customer service while supporting our internal and external clients while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Maintaining office supply inventory maintenance and delivery.
- Managing light repairs and maintenance projects, such as surface spot cleaning, picture hanging, etc.
- Assisting with office content moves.
- Holding and following up with accountable mail.
- Assist with mail pick-up and delivery.
- Assisting with printing, scanning, and copying.
- Greeting and orienting Firm visitors.
- Conducting floor walkthroughs and inspections, and generating work order tickets for items needing attention.
- Overseeing the pantry and amenity spaces while disinfecting, reconfiguring, and tidying as needed.
- Overseeing collaborative rooms while disinfecting, reconfiguring, and tidying as needed.
- Escorting vendors as needed on the practice floors as needed, especially in restricted or sensitive areas.
- Acting as an Ergonomics Specialist by becoming trained in and performing ergonomics assessments.
- Providing first-line assistance for A/V questions in team, huddle, focus, and solo rooms.
- Providing all new floor occupants orientation to their work area.
- Acting as the floor fire warden and emergency first aider, becoming CPR/AED trained.
- Providing assistance with conference center room configurations.
- Working independently on projects as assigned
- Working weekends and three weekdays, with hours from 8:00 or 9:00 am through 4:00 or 5:00 pm on weekends, and rotating shifts on weekdays.
As a Workplace Services Specialist I, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Workplace Services Specialist I must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion when making majority of decisions, as well as the ability to oversee work of others to ensure compliance and accuracy. Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines are desired. The Specialist must display the ability to define problems/issues while using a logical approach to develop and implement appropriate solutions.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. One (1) to two (2) years of Facilities or related experience is desired. An ideal candidate must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling (up to 50 lbs.), balancing, walking, stooping, grasping, and handling of materials. The ability to set up office supplies and equipment, as well as extensive time using a computer, including use of a PC keyboard and mouse or similar data input devices, is required. The ability to work weekends and three weekdays, with hours from 8:00 or 9:00 am through 4:00 or 5:00 pm on weekends, and rotating shifts on weekdays.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 8.30.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt