New York, NY
Available Shifts (Compressed)
- Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. & Friday/Saturday 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
2 days per week in office, 1 day per week remote
The Word Processing Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of a team of word processors, document specialists and proofreaders. Work involves coordinating and delegating word processing work assignments received from our offices worldwide to members of the Word Processing team. The Word Processing Supervisor is also responsible for performing other essential administrative functions such as implementation of procedures, records management and work performance evaluations. In addition, the Word Processing Supervisor is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and other individuals at the firm.
- Accommodates all word processing requests taking into consideration assigning the work to the appropriate staff and monitoring the work throughout the shift in an effort to meet critical deadlines
- Provides guidance to staff on how best to complete assignments with the hardware/software available at the firm
- Troubleshoots problematic documents
- Records all work request information into a database log
- Ensures that each shift is staffed accordingly
- Possesses the ability to multi-task
- Reads and acknowledges incoming email requests and prepares routine correspondence in a timely manner
- Answers the telephone and gives information to callers, assists with work requests, and routes calls, if necessary, to the appropriate contact
- Composes and prepares correspondence relating to work requests and personnel issues
- Records and maintains employee attendance information in Workday
- Files correspondence and other Word Processing Department records
- Prepares end of shift status report for work requests
- Assists other departments during off hours with conflict searches, conference room reservations, travel reservations, computer support backup, Edgar requests, Graphics overflow, taxi reservations, and client requests.
- Prepares, presents, and follows-up on staff evaluations
- Identifies problems with performance and develops solutions to those problems
- Attends departmental meetings as necessary
- Monitors temps and ensures that paperwork is accurate and complete
- Understands and implements policies, procedures, and practices in a fair and positive manner
- Regularly monitors the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work requests
- Informs lawyers on a timely basis if there will be a problem meeting a deadline
- Provides professional customer service to all individuals at the firm and serves as point of contact for information concerning office services and responds to inquiries within established guidelines
- Performs special projects as required
- Advises employees when unusual work situations arise and when new procedures are instituted
- A minimum of 10 years of Word Processing experience, including 5 years of Word Processing supervisory experience.
- Legal or financial center experience is preferred.
- Experienced in effective supervisory functions
- Advanced level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Acrobat
- Leadership ability
- Effective communication and sound judgment
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Considerable knowledge of and the ability to use computers and software applications currently being used at the Firm
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and perform high level supervisory duties in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems in the office and develop appropriate and feasible solutions
- Ability to maintain personnel records and prepare reports and correspondence accurately and efficiently
- Excellent writing skills and the demonstrated ability to develop written reports, correspondence, and action plans
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing
- Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to comply with departmental procedures, practices and firm policies
- Ability to handle confidential material in a discreet manner
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $120,000 – $140,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. The Firm offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Salary: $120,000 – $140,000
Date Active: 5.12.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt