New York, NY or Newark, NJ
To act as the first point of contact for users seeking word processing assistance and/or document problem resolution. The position requires the candidate to have advanced level of knowledge in technology, advanced word processing including Microsoft Word and Power Point. The successful candidate must have the ability to learn rapidly, be personable, self-motivated, flexible, reliable, and transcend to problem solving for the success of the department. This position requires the candidate to act as a bridge between the technology department and staff. The candidate is responsible for identifying areas requiring reinforcement or training and developing and delivering programs to address these issues.
- Handle complex document production and be proficient in iManage, Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Best Authority, Westlaw, Lexis, Aderant, and similar software.
- Assist with applications upgrade, testing and recommendations.
- Assist with the creation of document templates, document clean up and conversion.
- Create and revise complex legal documents adhering to Firm’s styles and guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance through helpdesk ticketing system in-person, via e-mail and phone.
- Assist with the creation/editing of table of authorities and table of contents using best authority; hyperlinking utilizing Westlaw and Lexis; bookmarking and PDF editing.
- Assist with data entry using various software applications and/or transcripts of analog/digital dictation; (BigHand, DVD, CD, online links);
- Knowledge and competence in e-filing in both federal and state courts in NJ/NY.
- Knowledge and competence for in-person/virtual notarization.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Windows 10/11, Office 365, iManage.
- Strong organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extraordinary attention to details.
- Ability to work collaboratively with lawyers, staff and clients, while demonstrating strong teamwork and positive attitude.
- Ability to work on projects, in a rapidly changing environment and provide timely, high- quality and accurate work product.
- Ability to multitask and effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and develop computer skills to meet users’ needs.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a discreet manner.
Education and Experience
- Minimum HS diploma
- Minimum of 5 years law firm secretarial and/or word processing experience.
Hours: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (in-office position)
Salary: $80,000.00-$85,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 3/14/22
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt