New York, NY or any other US location (100% remote work from home)
Reporting Responsibility-Document Services Supervisor
A prestigious, midtown, law firm, is currently seeking a full-time Word Processing Operator to work from home. Under the direction of the Document Services Supervisor, the Word Processing Operator will provide general support to the legal, support, and administrative staff in all matters concerning the Document Services Center and document production and will act as a liaison among the attorneys and the Document Services Center.
This position is full time Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST. Candidates should have flexibility to work additional hours as needed including weekends.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Input and revise documents from handwritten copy, typed copy.
- Act as a liaison with the attorneys as it pertains to work flow in the evening hours.
- Support the legal, secretarial, and administrative staff in their use of the Firm’s document production software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Assist in special computer-related projects such as entering information in databases.
- Transcribe, prepare, and manage correspondence.
- Photocopy, scan, and fax documents.
- Draft and edit new business/matter memos.
- Enter and edit attorney time using Elite or similar system.
- Prepare client billing.
- Prepare shipping labels ie. Fedex etc.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Pro, Workshare Compare, and Best Authority.
- Speed, accuracy, and expertise in diagnosing and fixing troubled documents, taming complex financial tables, and deciphering hard-to-read handwriting and markups.
- Three years of experience creating, revising, and turning documents.
Abilities and Skills Needed
- Three years of experience in law firm environment with Word Processing.
- Excellent customer-services skills; high motivation level.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of document-related issues.
- Strong ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously and change course rapidly as priorities change.
- Proficiency with proofreading, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English-language skills.
- Good judgment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload, as well as anticipate the needs of assigned attorneys.
- Ability to listen actively and to follow complex directions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to keep all information confidential.
- Associate degree and/or Word Processing Certificate is strongly preferred.
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.28.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt