Boston, Hartford, New York, Orange County, Providence, or Washington DC
Reports to: Manager of User Support
The User Support Specialist will provide customer service support and technical/informational assistance to all users of the Firm systems in all onsite and remote locations. This position works as part of a team and takes first level inquiries from users of all levels of experience and priority. Each inquiry is met with the highest level of customer service and competence and follows a prescribed lifecycle which may include immediate resolution or escalation within the Information Technology Department.
- Coverage of User Support phones and inbox providing first line of support for user’s firm-wide on all applications, hardware and network-related issues.
- Keeping users informed of status and changes to open issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users regarding problems/questions and translate technical material for non-technical users.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft 365 and the Windows 10 operating system.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and upgrades to existing applications; ability to understand procedures and instructions for the specific applications on Firm computers; assist with the documentation and resolution of issues that originate in User Support. Receive and manage all support calls through our Unified Call Center.
- Enter all calls into our call tracking system, monitor assigned calls, provide ongoing progress reports to users and issue weekly reports on completed and outstanding calls.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop resolutions to common issues – enabling immediate issue resolution for future related calls. Document and share all resolutions with team members and others within IT as appropriate.
- Perform information gathering and troubleshooting details prior to escalating calls – providing sufficient technical detail for 2nd and 3rd levels to resolve.
- Monitor support calls forwarded to outside vendor support services from User Support. Ensure proper escalation of calls when required, record all service numbers, trouble ticket numbers and other pertinent service information.
- Respond to, research and resolve incoming questions in a timely manner specified within the service level agreement.
- Keep track of common training issues and escalate to IT Training.
- Assist in developing and refining User Support Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide constructive feedback to management on ways to increase efficiency within the support center and increase customer satisfaction. Escalate problematic issues and incidents to same.
- Work with other IT Staff as directed.
- Assist IT Training with new-hire orientation as well as training set up and web meeting scheduling as needed.
- Participate in IT projects as directed by the Manager of User Support.
- Two to four years of experience with Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, as well as Windows 10, Citrix, VPN and iManage (or comparable document management system).
- Experience with supporting video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinar platforms like Webex, Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- MOS certifications in Word, Outlook and Excel preferred, but not necessary.
- Two to four years of experience in a User Support environment providing direct end user support on application suites run in a networked environment. Law firm or applicable legal experience preferred.
- Knowledge of PC hardware components, printer components and Windows 10 configuration and diagnostic utilities.
- Outstanding personal communication skills – both written and oral, a customer service-oriented attitude, a professional phone demeanor and the ability to deal with multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to be self-directed on specific assignments.
- Willingness to work overtime, participate in after-hours coverage rotation and contribute to IT department projects as directed.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.12.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt