Boston, MA, New York, NY, Hartford, CT, Providence, RI, Washington DC or Orange County, CA
Reports to: Manager of User Support
The User Support Specialist will provide customer service support and technical/informational assistance to all users of the Firm computer network in all sites. This position works in a team and takes first level inquiries from users of all levels of experience and priority. Each inquiry is met with the highest level of customer service and competence and follows a prescribed lifecycle which may include immediate resolution or escalation within the Information Technology Department.
- Coverage of User Support phones and inbox providing first line of support for users firm wide on all applications, hardware and network-related issues.
- Keeping users informed of status and changes to open issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users regarding problems/questions and translate technical material for non-technical users.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and the Windows 7 operating system.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and upgrades to existing applications; ability to understand procedures and instructions for the specific applications on Firm computers; assist with the documentation and resolution of issues that originate in User Support. Receive and manage all support calls through our Unified CallCenter.
- Enter all calls into our call tracking system, monitor assigned calls, provide ongoing progress reports to users and issue weekly reports on completed and outstanding calls.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop resolutions to common issues-enabling immediate issue resolution for future related calls. Document and share all resolutions with team members and others within IT as appropriate.
- Perform information gathering and troubleshooting details prior to escalating calls-providing sufficient technical detail for 2nd and 3rd levels to resolve.
- Monitor support calls forwarded to outside vendor support services from User Support.
- Insure proper escalation of calls when required, record all service numbers, trouble ticket numbers and other pertinent service information.
- Respond to, research and resolve incoming questions in a timely manner specified within the service level agreement.
- Keep track of common training issues and escalate to Technical Trainer.
- Assist in developing and refining User Support Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide constructive feedback to management on ways to increase efficiency within the support center and increase customer satisfaction. Escalate “hot” issues or unsatisfied callers to same.
- Assist the Technical Trainer with new hire orientation as well as training set up and GoToMeeting scheduling as needed.
- Participate in IT projects as directed by the Manager of Application Support & Training.
- Two to four years of experience with the Microsoft Office 2010 application suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, as well as Windows 7, Citrix, VPN and iManage (or comparable document management system).
- Experience with supporting video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinar platforms like Webex, Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- MOS certifications in Word, Outlook and Excel preferred, but not necessary.
- Two to four years of experience in a User Support environment providing direct end user support on application suites run in a networked environment. Law Firm or applicable legal experience preferred.
- Knowledge of PC hardware components, printer components and Windows 7 configuration and diagnostic utilities.
- Outstanding personal communication skills-both written and oral, a customer service oriented attitude, a professional phone demeanor and the ability to deal with multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to be self-directed on specific assignments.
- Willingness to work overtime, participate in after-hours coverage rotation and contribute to IT department projects as directed.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.17.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt