New York, NY
A major Wall Street Law Firm has an immediate opening for a Trusts and Estates Paralegal.
The responsibilities for this trusts and estate paralegal/fiduciary accounting position include:
- Preparation of fiduciary income tax returns (Form 1041 and related state returns) on the Intuit ProSeries Software and monitoring estimated tax requirements for estates, trusts and some individual clients;
- Preparation of federal and state estate tax returns using Thomson Reuters OneSource;
- Preparation of petitions and other documents to be filed in Surrogate’s Court in probate and trust-related matters:
- Preparation of tax calculations and otherwise assisting in connection with estate planning for high net worth clients;
- Assisting attorneys and clients in connection with trust administration (including keeping track of GRAT distributions and other mandatory trust distributions and sending Crummey notices);
- Working with officers of a private foundation in connection with organizing records needed by outside accountants to prepare Form 990-PF and making charitable distributions and required tax payments;
- Calculation of fiduciary commissions; and entering transactions with respect to estates and trusts in a fiduciary accounting program (we currently use OneSource Fiduciary Accounting System) to be able to produce accountings at any time during administration of the estate or trust.
- Knowledge of Omega FAS program is a plus.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (no CPA is required) and at least 5 years of experience as a Trusts and Estates Paralegal at a peer law firm. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, e-filing, FileSite or DeskSite, OneSource FSA, Omega.
Salary: $100,000.00-$150,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 9.5.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt