San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego, CA as well as Washington, DC
Exciting opportunity to shape the future of the growing trademark practice. This newly-created position will manage the trademark docket team (comprising four docketers) and U.S. trademark support team (comprising four legal secretaries). The successful candidate for this role will use their strong knowledge of trademark docketing to review current docketing and support processes and procedures and recommend and implement improvements to enhance efficiency and ensure the highest levels of client service. Will work closely with trademark partners, attorneys, and paralegals to deeply understand client needs, collaborate with team and others to develop solutions and best practices, and lead the team to deliver timely and accurate work product that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Work closely with trademark attorneys and paralegals to determine large project needs, assess timing, and develop teams to ensure large projects are well managed and critical deadlines are met. Actively participate as part of the team to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Work with trademark partners to establish standard practices; document, train on, and promote compliance with these practices and related policies.
- Provide direct supervision for trademark docketers and secretaries. Manage workflow and work assignment issues. Work closely with supervisor and Human Resources Business Partner regarding performance and other personnel-related issues.
- Provide overall management of Trademark Docket, including implementing best practices, process improvements, performance metrics, and achieving service objectives. Ensure service is provided efficiently and consistently, and Firm risk management standards are uniformly met. Collaborate closely with supervisor, trademark partners, attorneys, paralegals, and other stakeholders to ensure service and practice needs are effectively addressed.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated progressively responsible experience relevant to the position required.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge of both US and Foreign trademark docketing rules and procedures required; five or more years in trademark docketing preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with and implementing changes to a trademark docket system (e.g.,system-based workflow implementation or changes, law update implementation, etc.) highly desired.
- Strong functional understanding of trademark support functions.
- Strong background in trademark docketing and familiarity with managing docket systems.
- Strong team management and leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of the Firm.
- Ability to manage people remotely and ensure a high level of performance and engagement despite the lack of frequent in-person contact.
- Advanced project management skills for delivering best results in all areas of responsibility and bringing complex matters to resolution.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects often with competing deadlines.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive, detailed data.
- High comfort level with sometimes challenging client requirements.
The firm’s culture is defined by their deeds. They’re passionate about what they do. They’re equally passionate about how they do it. They resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for their colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make them stronger.
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
$103,000-$148,000. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus, overtime as applicable, health/welfare benefits, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and PTO. The range displayed is specifically for positions performed in those cities/states and may vary based on factors including but not limited to the following: local market data and ranges; an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience; and certain degrees, licensing, and certifications.
Salary: $103,000-$148,000, depending on experience
Date Active: 2.8.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt