San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
An Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Trademark Docket Specialist within their Trademark Group in their San Francisco or Washington, DC offices.
- The Trademark Docket Specialist provides docket support for U.S. and Foreign trademark matters for the Trademark group, ensuring integrity and accuracy of the docket function. This individual dockets dates and deadlines, de-dockets completed items, and prepares responsive docket reports. The Specialist will also assist on special projects; researching, and analyzing relevant issues.
- Review and docket all incoming U.S. Patent Trademark Office (“USPTO”) mail.
- Draft mail log; maintain current docket of all due dates for U.S. and foreign trademarks and oppositions.
- Update and maintain trademark docket computer database, Inprotech.
- Track responses to office actions and USPTO requests; remove due dates in docket as appropriate.
- Investigate perceived discrepancies and inconsistencies in due dates and dockets; analyze and review mail where response dates are not apparent or where contingencies may exist; report issues and findings to appropriate attorneys and staff.
- Assist in printing docket calendar to keep attorneys and paralegals apprised of due dates; succinctly convey detailed USPTO and Foreign docketing policy procedures.
- Proactively follow up to ensure the department meets all due dates; notify responsible attorney or supporting staff member of any identified discrepancies or concerns.
- Open new matters and enter all New Business and Change Memos via E-Work through Inprotech.
- Act a resource to attorneys and staff, providing docketing guidance and expertise. Regularly and effectively communicate docket standards, protocols, and procedures to ensure understanding and compliance within department.
- Actively assist with periodic data audits.
- Generate regular and ad ho docket reports and distribute to department members.
- Three to five years of trademark or patent docketing experience preferred.
- Experience with computer database programs, specifically, CPA Inprotech is highly preferred.
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 9.5.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt