Temporary Inclusion Group Administrative Assistant
New York, NY
The Inclusion Group is charged with promoting diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the firm. The Diversity & Inclusion Administrative Assistant is a junior level position responsible for providing daily support to the entire Inclusion Group, with particular focus on administrative planning and operational coordination for the group. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, with an ability to juggle many different administrative responsibilities simultaneously.
- Schedule day-to-day meetings and phone calls for the Chief Inclusion Officer and three Directors, primarily via Zoom or conference call.
- Schedule and support multiple work related Inclusion group activities, with consistent attention to accuracy and timeliness. This includes reviewing dates thoughtfully, ensuring there are no meeting conflicts, reporting on RSVPs and supporting the activity in real-time.
- Accurately write and edit emails regarding scheduling or other administrative matters.
- Track, update and report on Inclusion events using an Excel-based calendar.
- Assist with tracking program budgets.
- Have the ability to accurately read and report out on simple data, using lists and database searches.
- With training, learn how to independently submit bills in Chrome River Billing System.
- Establish and maintain confidential and sensitive files and records.
- Responsible for screening correspondence from several group inboxes and forwarding the requests to appropriate members of the group.
- Support other elements of Inclusion team projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Two to three years of law firm, professional services or programmatic experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; proficiency in Zoom strongly recommended; basic working knowledge of Excel strongly recommended.
- Past usage of databases is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to employ discretion in the use and maintenance of confidential and of highly sensitive material.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- Exhibits high energy and genuine enthusiasm for Inclusion activities and goals.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion as required.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 4.26.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt