Technical Services Director
New York, NY
The Technical Services Director is responsible for managing and overseeing all technology operations for the Desktop & Mobility and Conferencing Technology Services Departments, with focus on high level customer service, responsiveness to business needs and devising and establishing IT policies to support the needs of the firm.
- Desktop & Mobility Services – deploys and supports all end points, 2nd level support for all applications, mobile device configuration and remote access support.
- Conferencing Technology – design, implementation and delivery of all conference room technology, audio, video and web conferencing setup and support.
- Ability to work independently and ensure availability at all times in a customer centric, high service level and continually evolving environment.
- Planning, execution and support of end points and conference technology deployments for the firm.
- Maintain the highest level of customer support for the customer base through proactive management and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives; provide high-touch white-glove service
- Provide technical and business leadership, mentorship and support to the team.
- Oversee operations of second level escalations by creating a business focused and responsive environment for quick turnaround and resolution.
- Act as a key interface to the Desktop & Mobility Services, Conferencing Technology Services, Information Systems and other departments throughout the firm.
- Work effectively, efficiently and collaboratively with others throughout IS and the firm to deliver the objectives of the department and the firm.
- Formulate performance plans and provide regular feedback throughout the year to direct reports.
- Oversee and guide professional development and coaching for team members with an emphasis on acquiring soft skills and business focus in addition to technical knowledge.
- Produce annual budget forecast, and maintain and report on monthly spend for technology services, operational expenditures, equipment purchases.
- Ensure Disaster Recovery preparedness at all times and business continuity operations adhere to industry recognized best practices. Implement and maintain Disaster Recovery plan.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and/or minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology, overseeing both Desktop & Mobility Services and Conferencing technology Services.
- Capability and knowledge in implementation of industry recognized best practices for operations management in both Desktop and Conferencing Technology.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent leadership, coaching/mentoring skills.
- Highly flexible communication skills, ability to rapidly translate between the technical and non-technical sides of a situation in a way that ensures understanding and customer satisfaction
- Strong time management and organizational skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact, work productively and collaboratively with other departments in Information Systems.
- Attendance Requirements: On site during normal working hours and available as necessary before or after normal working hours to work at the firm, over the telephone, or at off-site meetings, in order to meet the demands of the job and the needs of the firm.
- Expected to be reachable via email and/or cell 24×7.
- Travel Requirements: Ability to engage in off-site travel as required from time to time, in order to meet the demands of the job, and the needs of the firm
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 9.2.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt