New York, Washington, DC, Mountain View, San Francisco, Santa Monica or Seattle
Premier, forward thinking, global, law firm is seeking a Tech Transactions Practice Content Attorney who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining practice group content and practice standardization resources. The Tech Transactions Practice Content Attorney is an integral member of the Tech Trans practice group, working closely with leadership, as well as the Practice Management team to deliver high valued legal content supporting the practice and optimizing client service delivery. This position can be based in any of U.S. offices.
Reporting to the Intellectual Property Practice Group Director, the ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in IP tech transactions, preferably in a law firm setting. Juris Doctor required.
- Lead the creation, development and maintenance of model documents, forms, drafting practice guidance, and practice group resource materials in alignment with Practice Group needs.
- Collaborate with Knowledge & Innovation team to ensure content, precedents, and resource materials are easily accessible and searchable, and facilitate knowledge reuse.
- Monitor and communicate legal, business and market developments relevant to the Practice Group and clients.
- Collaborate with Knowledge & Innovation team to capture and validate deal terms in relation to market trend analyses and client service needs.
- Assist practitioners in locating practice-related internal and external knowledge resources and technologies.
- Develop and maintain substantive content relevant to the Practice Groups’ marketing and business development efforts, including client presentations, articles, client alerts, cases studies, and market surveys.
- Facilitate and develop integral substantive legal training programs for attorneys and understand industry best practices.
- Contribute to the evaluation and implementation of innovative solutions to support the practice’s knowledge management and client services priorities, in close collaboration with the Knowledge & Innovation team and other stakeholders.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Expert legal knowledge and practice skills in Tech Transactions.
- Passion for legal drafting, writing, and analysis, with uncompromising attention to detail.
- Commitment to knowledge-sharing, efficiency and excellence in legal work.
- Ability to comprehend complex legal and technical language.
- Computer proficient with strong understanding in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint and other document automation tools such as HotDocs.
- Advanced data gathering and reporting skills, including development and use of database systems and reporting and advanced Excel data management and presentation.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with department personnel, firm management, other attorneys and professional staff and aptitude for getting buy-in and consensus for change.
- Superior customer service ethic, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to motivate participation in new systems, change behavior, and work seamlessly with and extract information at all levels from senior partners to busy administrative assistants.
- Highly organized, efficient and extremely detailed oriented, with ability to stay productive under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated with a strategic focus: ability to understand and support firm goals, services, culture and strategy in order to present self and the firm in a positive, professional manner; understand and stays up to date on current legal market trends, news, and innovations.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-stressed, detail-oriented work environment; ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to keep calm in a demanding environment.
Date Active: 3.2.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt