New York, NY
The Tax Director is a highly visible role within the firm, working both internally with firm management, the finance group and partners. Additionally the Tax Director interacts externally with various taxing authorities, advisors and partner’s income tax return preparers. This position is responsible for evaluating US and international tax laws and recommending acceptable practices to minimize taxes for our partners & the firm. The Tax Director is responsible for all tax compliance reporting, research, information gathering and the management and development of the tax team. This role will ensure we produce and maintain documented tax technical advice on the U.S. and other countries where the firm operates.
- Primarily responsible for the preparation, maintenance and review of the firm’s tax reporting process and oversight of preparation and filing of partnership tax filings and management of all tax audits.
- Provide hands-on support, guidance and mentorship to the tax team. Ensure that the team is engaged and remains up-to-date on the latest tax regulations as applicable for US and international tax compliance.
- Oversee global tax compliance process – organize, plan, coordinate and ensure preparation and timely filing of firm’s US and foreign income tax returns and other related filings.
- Maintain tax compliance filing calendar for all international, Federal, state & local tax returns including tax return due dates, taxing jurisdictions, extensions, quarterly estimate payments, and current tax return preparation status.
- Stay current on relevant tax developments and communicate topics and issues to firm management and finance as needed.
- Ensure timely filing and payment of income tax return extensions and quarterly income tax estimates and returns for sales tax, unincorporated business tax, commercial rent tax, gross receipts tax, excise tax, commercial activities tax and personal property tax.
- Collaborate with accounting, payroll and financial reporting teams to refine the information gathering process and reporting to ensure that financial information needed for tax purposes can be provided seamlessly and efficiently.
- Proactively communicate with partners and their income tax return preparers and address all concerns as needed.
- Confirm compliance with all global local statutory and tax filing requirements including proper charging and collection of VAT, GST and other withholding taxes needed on client billings.
- Ensure global Transfer Pricing requirements are met annually and monitor transactions between foreign offices for proper reporting.
- Coordinates with partner accounting team regarding partner payments and capital accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA in process with parts passed and/or Masters in Taxation degree preferred.
- Experience with a large CPA firm or other Professional Services environment.
- 10+ years of relevant tax experience required with focus on partnerships and working tax knowledge on issues related to high net-worth individuals. Partnership tax experience within service industries a plus.
- Experience supervising, mentoring and leading a team of tax professionals. Strong written/verbal communication, research and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities at once and prioritize without jeopardizing deadlines.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 10.6.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt