New York, NY
The position will support our Global Capital Markets practice group and an additional transactional practice group after a period of integration at the Firm. The talent development manager will be a member of the Legal Personnel Department and report to the Manager of Attorney Talent Development and the Practice Group Leaders of their assigned transactional groups. This position is located in the New York office but will be responsible for all domestic offices.
- Get to know the assigned transactional practice groups, the practice group attorneys and administrative teams, deal flow and clients.
- Work closely with the Staffing Partner(s) in coordinating the assignment of Associates to ongoing and new matters. Suggest assignments based on the workload of the department and the developmental needs of the Associate.
- Work closely with Partners to ensure that appropriate developmental and training messages are given during Associate performance evaluations and participate in all evaluations to ensure consistency in delivery.
- Be familiar with the Associates’ reviews, their matters, workloads and professional development goals.
- Counsel Associates on their career goals.
- Work closely with the Training Partner(s) and the Professional Development team on the creation and implementation of a multi-tiered transactional training program and liaise with the Professional Development team on Firm intranet.
- Help develop and facilitate ad hoc events to foster greater cohesion and communication within the Department.
- Manage onboarding of lateral and first year Associates and exit procedures for departing associates; conduct exit interviews.
- Other responsibilities as they are assigned from time to time.
- JD required.
- Four to eight years of law firm experience; capital markets experience strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have high responsiveness to time sensitive issues.
- The position requires flexibility with respect to working hours.
- In-person attendance on a hybrid schedule is expected.
Salary: $160,000.00-$170,000.00, dependent on experience.
Date Active: 5.17.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt