New York, NY
The position will support our Global Corporate practice group and an additional transactional practice group after a period of integration at the Firm. The position will be a member of the Legal Personnel Department and will report to the Manager of Attorney Talent Development and the Practice Group Leaders of their assigned transactional groups. This position is located in the New York office, but will be responsible for all domestic offices.
- Work closely with the assigning Partners in coordinating the assignment of Associates to ongoing and new matters.
- Work closely with Partners to ensure that appropriate developmental and training messages are being given during Associate performance evaluations and sit in all evaluations to ensure consistency in the form of delivery.
- Get to know the assigned transactional practice groups, the practice group attorneys and administrative teams, deal flow and clients.
- Be familiar with the Associates’ reviews, their matters, their billable hours and their professional development goals.
- Counsel Associates on their career goals.
- Suggest assignments based on the workload of the department and the developmental needs of the Associate.
- Work closely with the Training Partner(s) and the Professional Development team on the creation of a multi-tiered transactional training program and liaise with the Professional Development team on internal database.
- Involvement in developing and facilitating ad hoc events to foster greater cohesion and communication within the Department, including onboarding of lateral associates and incoming first years in the Firm’s Transactional Rotation Program, organize trainings, CLE’s and social gatherings.
- Manage onboarding of laterals and first years and exit procedures for departing associates; conduct exit interviews.
- Other responsibilities as they are assigned from time to time.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have high responsiveness to time sensitive issues.
- The position requires flexibility with respect to working hours
- JD required.
- Five to eight years of law firm experience in a corporate practice required.
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.24.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt