New York, NY
A global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Staffing Specialist to join their winning team, located in New York. The success of the firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides their clients with the highest quality of work and service. They are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Staffing Specialist will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Staffing Specialist, you will contribute your expertise to coordinate employment activities, such as preparing job requisitions, interviewing, selecting and hiring candidates. Your responsibilities as a Staffing Specialist will include human resources support services for the local office Human Resources Manager, and other staff and management, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
· Communicating with department managers to obtain details of open positions. Providing a thorough analysis of open positions and develops the best strategy to fill those positions.
· In conjunction with department managers, writing job postings and posting job openings on major on-line job boards, niche job sites, and outsourcing them to recruiting firms as necessary.
· Managing incoming resumes and applicant flow.
· Screening, selecting, and identifying candidates by conducting HireVue, phone and preliminary in-house interviews.
· Making recommendations to managers regarding candidate selection.
· Working independently to negotiate temporary/direct placement fees and managing all temporary employment activity.
· Staying abreast and utilizing knowledge of job requirements, valid selection processes, and equal employment practices, to ensure compliance with Federal and State legislation.
· Recording, compiling, and analyzing data concerning recruitment, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations to make appropriate recommendations as needed.
As a Staffing Specialist, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Staffing Specialist must have a comprehensive knowledge of recruitment functions, well developed professional interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and organizational skills needed to manage time well. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, however, six (6) years recruitment experience in a legal or professional services environment may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 3.11.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt