New York, NY or Roseland, NJ
Position can be part remote and in either New York or New Jersey once Covid is resolved
Staff attorney position in the Securities Litigation Group working with Group members in sourcing case opportunities and supporting Group business plan. The position involves (1) identifying and monitoring securities class actions in which firm clients and prospects own holdings that could support opt out litigation, (2) calculating client damages for case assessment purposes and working with damages experts in the course of litigation; (3) identifying litigation opportunities in debt and shareholder activist space; and (4) assisting with document review, case preparation and other legal work as needed. The ideal candidate:
- JD from a top law school and be an active member in good standing of the NJ and/or NY Bar
- Versed in Bloomberg and able to easily search and retrieve data.
- Knowledgeable about SEC filings – where to get information from, different forms
- With a solid background in securities-related litigation and understanding of different investment vehicles like swaps, shorts, bonds, equity, assets, etc
- Knowledgeable in all things relating to excel and able to build models and evaluate and clean client data.
- Knowledgeable about Edgar
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in working with peers, colleagues, and management
- Excellent attention to detail, responsiveness and follow-through
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; work outside of these will be required
Salary: Highly competitive above market compesnation
Date Active: 12.7.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt