New York, NY
The Legal Recruiting Senior Specialist will report to the Firm’s Director, Legal Recruiting and provide lead support in all aspects of the legal recruiting process, the summer associate program; on-campus interviews & employer relations; LLM & Judicial Clerk hiring; marketing & legal recruiting publications, reports and surveys.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Supervise on-campus recruiting process of designated schools, including scheduling of attorneys for on-campus and fly-back interviews; maintenance of files for candidates; compile and distribute materials for hiring committee meetings and schedule and attend same.
- Arrange in-house interview schedules, greet and escort students, assist in the planning of recruiting events, organize materials for campus programs and assist with hiring season statistics.
- Oversee the registration process for fall on-campus interviews, compile statistical data and charts regarding callback outcome and viRecruit input and updates as
- Preparation of summer program, including orientation; sibling/mentor assignments; training programs; summer calendar; rotation schedule; tracking assignments and evaluations; mid-summer/end-of-summer reviews; monitor summer program expenses and adherence to budget.
- Provide administrative support to department/practice groups during summer program (monitor assignment/evaluation process; organize luncheons, social activities and coordinator meetings).
- Participate in 1L recruiting process, including screening resumes; schedule interviews; monitor follow up efforts and evaluations; and tracking hiring results.
- Oversee judicial clerk, LLM, and 3L hiring process including interviews, annual receptions, dinners and events.
- Administer employer outreach and law school relationships including recruiting events and sponsorships.
- Prepare NALP form; Chambers and related surveys & publications including overseeing legal recruiting communications (print/digital/social media) and related marketing.
- Attend and participate in all Hiring Committee and Summer Program Committee meetings. Keep committee members abreast of current industry practices.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service relationships with candidates, vendors and Firm attorneys, managers and support staff.
- Provide support for lateral interviews as needed, including in-house interview schedules and viRecruit input and updates.
- Any other responsibilities as needed by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years in legal or campus recruitment for a professional services or Big Law firm.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter; ability to remain self-directed and self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent PC and communication skills including listening and responding to the needs of others.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed (significant overtime during summer/fall).
- Must be open to occasional (2-3 times a year) travel.
- Makes appropriate and timely decisions within area of responsibility.
- Without direction, anticipates needs and seeks alternatives to situations.
- Respond actively, thoroughly and courteously to the needs of clients and internal requests within the Firm; volunteers time and knowledge; works effectively and willingly with others.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: Competitive market compensation
Date Active: 2.10.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt