New York, NY
Provide employee relations related advice, counsel and leadership to Administrative Staff at all levels in NY and US Regional offices, to mitigate risk and ensure compliance. This role is responsible for the successful investigation and resolution of complex or sensitive employee relations matters, conflict resolution, and the consistent application of workplace policies and procedures and compliance with appropriate federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Working closely with the HR Director and Sr. Manager of HR, act as Administrative Staff employee relations consultant for NY office Administrative Staff and to all domestic regional offices with a focus on mitigating legal risk and ensuring compliance with appropriate federal, state and local employment laws.
- Provide employee relations counseling to employees and managers by providing effective conflict resolution advice and guidance; monitor progress to ensure consistent application of corrective action programs and initiatives.
- Remain current on changes to employment law legislation. Proactively research and provide guidance in the development, implementation and interpretation of US Administrative Staff Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Liaise with senior leaders throughout the organization; serve as advisor on Human Resources related matters, coordinating compliance and risk management with functional area specialists. (Benefits/Compensation & Performance Management/Recruiting/Training/Payroll/HR Systems) where appropriate.
- Liaise with Benefits to support regional & NY managers regarding leaves of absence, reasonable accommodations and FMLA matters.
- Maintain Remote Worker Agreements.
- Oversee termination process including conducting exit interviews, monitoring trends and recommending action.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge Skills and Ability
- Must have at least 6 years of experience in Human Resources, with 3+ years direct employee relations experience.
- Must have an in depth understanding of HR policies and best practices – in particular NYS, NYC and U.S. employment law.
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and discretion and maintain confidentiality of information and other related matters is required.
- Excellent ability to act with agility and to think creatively, critically and exercise mature judgment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills to interact with administrative staff and attorneys at all levels within a large law firm setting.
- Strong diplomatic and influencing skills and the ability to be persuasive in managing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and comfortable with basic administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- JD, related graduate degree and/or SPHR a plus.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.9.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt