New York, NY
- Assist manager/coordinator with staffing requests, distribution of workload and development of training programs.
- Train and mentor less experienced paralegals.
- Participate in recruiting efforts in screening and interviewing candidates.
- Demonstrate technical skills consistent with new and existing technology, including Adobe, SharePoint, Relativity, Case Notebook, Lexis, Westlaw and Pacer Pro.
- Be proficient in document management, filing procedures, motion practice, etc.
- Work efficiently with firm support services (i.e., Reprographics, LSS, etc.).
- Comply with Firm’s outside vendor policies.
- Provide and oversee support for attorneys during discovery, including document productions, deposition preparation, privilege logs.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of briefs and memoranda of law, including fact checking, cite checking, blue booking, compiling and PDF/A scanning of exhibits to declarations and affidavits.
- Assist with document collection and custodian interviews.
- Assist attorneys with fact, expert, witness depositions, and expert reports.
- Oversee document production processes and coordinate with LSS. Review and coordinate document productions and documents/materials for privilege and responsiveness.
- Maintain complete sets of production and privilege documents, drafts, and privilege logs.
- Manage day-to-day case activity and attorney requests.
- Maintain database records.
- Draft and prepare legal documents for attorney review.
- Set team priorities for filings and briefs to maximize efficiency, meet deadlines and avoid crises by anticipating requirements.
Hearings and Trials
- Provide and oversee support for Attorneys during trial/hearing preparation.
- Plan for arbitrations, hearings, and trials.
- Organize and prepare files, notebooks, presentation materials and trial aids.
- Organize and mark exhibits for trial.
- At trial, take notes, gather documents referred by either counsel, track exhibit usage; interact professionally with witnesses.
- Oversee trial logistics: including hotel space, supplies, copiers, network set-up, transportation, set-up and break down of trial war room.
- Post-trial (arbitration or hearing), properly dispose of documents for archives, records retention or destruction.
Salary: $110,000.00-$125,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 6.21.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt