New York, NY
Firm seeks the best and brightest talent to join their Administrative Staff team. Their employees are the future of the Firm so they invest in training and development. Their environment embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and acquire knowledge and skills in an atmosphere built on teamwork. Highly skilled and knowledgeable Administrative Staff assist their attorneys in successfully meeting and exceeding client needs and are vital to the overall success of the Firm.
The senior employee benefits coordinator position provides front line benefits support to Administrative staff, Associates and Partners with benefits enrollment and questions, maintains employee database and files, and coordinates the day-to-day functions of the Benefits Department.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Conduct new hire orientations, assist with automated benefits enrollments and maintain employee benefits records.
- Provide guidance and support on general benefit inquires.
- Manage Non-Partner off boarding process.
- Manage initial COBRA and Qualified Event COBRA Notifications.
- Provide support to the Director of Benefits on confidential and sensitive projects.
- Coordinate confidential Partner material such as Partner Benefit Statements and Partner Long Term Disability Illustrations and upload to Partner portal.
- Prepare Partner vested termination statements for mailing/communication.
- Partner with Senior Retirement Specialist on internal 401(k) recordkeeping processes, address pension inquiries and pension system updates.
- Partner with Senior Leave Specialist in managing employees on various Leave of Absences to ensure that all case details are documented accurately, timely and with appropriate detail.
- Ensure manual employee contribution payments are deposited and processed in a timely manner.
- Research pension earnings and hours and prepare the schedule for the actuary
- Coordinate with Payroll to ensure employees’ contributions and other benefit transactions are processed accurately.
- Assist with Departmental Projects, compliance mailings, review of Benefits communications material, etc.
- Provide assistance with data analysis and reporting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including, but not limited to, providing administrative support to department leadership and benefits team.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 4+ years Benefits experience.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Workday
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, follow-up skills and ability to multi-task.
- Heavy telephone contact with Partners, Counsel, Associates, Administrative staff and vendors.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Salary: Highly competitive above market
Date Active: 4.14.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt