New York, NY
Reports to: Global Business Director, Finance and Senior Knowledge Management Attorney, Finance Group Americas
The Senior Business Analyst, Finance Group Americas provides business support for Finance Group Americas, with a focus on collecting and indexing information for the firm’s transaction management platforms, assisting with business development and practice development projects and activities, league table reporting, development and maintenance of team intranet, attorney training, event planning and various aspects of practice administration.
• Drives data collection and data quality control/integrity for Finance Group Americas on a variety of projects, including Foundation, deal announcement memo processes, sponsor tracking etc., including careful tracking of deals from the date the matter is opened to the date that it closes/terminates.
• Works closely with Senior Knowledge Management Attorney, Finance Group (Senior KMA), as well as our Business Development team, to complete quarterly league table submissions.
• Monitors and assists with closing set production and archiving, working closely with legal assistants and others to ensure closing sets and knowledge documentation is correctly processed.
• Maintains team intranet sites in collaboration with Senior KMA, including curation and posting of forms, client instructions, team meeting materials, internal and external know-how and other material.
• Prepares and circulates regular deal announcement newsletters, market news and publications updates and other Finance Group Americas communications.
• Collaborates with attorneys and the marketing team to generate marketing descriptions for internal and external posting and ensures postings regarding
closed transactions are made in a timely manner; coordinates with deal teams, website administration and social media management to ensure timely posting of blurbs.
• Assists Senior KMA in responding to questions from attorneys, including provision of resources, documents, forms, precedents, contacts, other material.
• Acts as an expert user, performs research and obtains content from various platforms, including iManage, Foundation, Intelligize, Xtract Research, Covenant Review, Reorg, S&P LCD, Refinitiv, Bloomberg Law etc.
• Performs various research assignments under direction of Senior KMA.
• Provides business and marketing teams with deal information when requested.
• Creates reporting and graphics relating to Foundation and external data using Tableau and other programs, as necessary.
• Reviews newly opened matters to ensure that they have been opened correctly and are properly recorded in firm systems.
• Monitors and helps maintain consistency with documents saved to the firm’s document management system, including compliance with uniform saving convention, and performs frequent document and matter searches in response to ad hoc requests from team and clients.
• Works closely with Senior KMA and Global Knowledge Management on updates to knowledge infrastructure, policies and procedures.
• Coordinates all aspects of attorney CLE programing, trainings and workshops, including scheduling, catering, A/V, hybrid meeting arrangements, materials, professional development interaction, recordings, follow-up, presenter assistance, State Bar CLE compliance etc.
• Assists Senior KMA to ensure internal reference guides and email distribution groups are keep current.
• Assists with planning and logistics for team events and activities.
• Works closely with business services colleagues, legal assistants and attorneys at all levels.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
• Must be a detail-oriented, conscientious employee who keeps meticulous records.
• Requires strong technical skills, including knowledge and/or ability to become speedily proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Zoom and Teams.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Must have good time management skills and be able to independently prioritize tasks.
• Must have experience interacting with, and taking direction from, people at all levels and have the confidence to approach partners and other senior personnel.
• Must be proactive and take initiative and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to handle sensitive information and exhibit good judgment.
• Must be flexible as to taking on new projects and assignments, as needed.
• Must demonstrate commitment to the position and to the Firm.
Education & Experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
• Four or more years prior experience in the legal or financial industry.
• Must be good at research, a fast learner and eager to learn about the Finance Group Americas practice.
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
• Must be flexible to work outside of standard business hours as required.
Date Active: 6.23.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt