The Client Development Specialist takes a lead role in supporting the Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property Litigation Client Development Manager and Director and the Client Development Department on a wide variety of business development needs that support revenue-generating and general marketing and practice visibility opportunities. These include pitches and RFPs, research, client presentations, thought leadership, marketing content management and communications, events and sponsorships, and other general business development activities.
- Assists in preparing sophisticated, thoughtful and persuasive pitches and RFP responses. Performs database research, coordinates the development of and adherence to timelines, collaborates with attorneys and administrative contributors, organizes administrative elements of the response process, and reviews substantive content for quality and consistency.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of firm events, client presentations, sponsorships, conferences, webinars, client entertainment and receptions. Provides events/conference sponsorship related training sessions to the broader client development team, on an as-needed basis.
- Develops tailored responses to various legal directory submissions including, but not limited to, Chambers USA, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.Collaborates with Manager and attorneys to select matter highlights, drafts submission and obtains necessary approvals before submitting. Prepares lawyers for and oversees the scheduling of related interviews with legal directory researchers.
- Conducts in-depth research and competitive intelligence analysis on companies, industries, markets, and competitors; helps to identify key takeaways and opportunities for business development.
- Contributes greatly to content management for the Intellectual Property Department and Intellectual Property Litigation Practice through the firm’s content management database, Foundation. Works with colleagues to support contact management efforts via InterAction (including firm contact updates, development of targeted marketing mailing lists, and tagging client/lawyer activities).
- Acts in conjunction with other Client Development service areas to support marketing communications-related activities, such as content creation, website updates and updating attorney biographies and profiles. Responsible for coordination and dissemination of regular newsletters issued by the Intellectual Property Department and IP Litigation Practice.
- Provides support for special projects as requested by Client Development leadership team, including for example, activities related to onboarding lateral and/or new partners, or client feedback sessions.
- Contributes to the firm’s high level of client service and helping to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple action steps simultaneously and meet strict and quickly evolving deadlines
- Research skills and reasoning ability to turn data into succinct and useful deliverables for lawyers
- Ability to work independently
- BA/BS required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a professional services environment, preferably with a law firm, in a marketing or client development role is required.
Salary: Highly competitive above market, merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.25.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt