New York, NY
Under the direction of the Manager, Business Intelligence & Competitive Strategy, support the Firm’s Business Development department in its strategic efforts by providing targeted research and analysis on clients and potential clients, as well as related industries, market and competitors.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and peer firms using a comprehensive variety of intelligence tools and resources, delivering objective, meaningful insights in a concise manner.
- Coordinate production and delivery of standard and customized research deliverables, as well as larger and more in-depth research requests to support the Firm and the Business Development department in its strategic efforts.
- Provide support on all business development research projects, delivering insight and best practices.
- Monitor industry, sector, practice area and competitor developments for inclusion in bi-weekly industry report and quarterly benchmarking analysis.
- Stay current on news and trends related to clients and prospects and related industries/markets, proactively distribute findings.
- Support Business Development department on larger Firm initiatives including analysis of top clients of the firm and information used in support of Firm’s nascent client teams’ initiatives.
- Provide industry, sector, region, and practice area knowledge to enhance competitive benchmarking analyses and other deliverables.
- Help analyze data and present/refine reports on overall Business Development metrics and initiatives.
- Refine existing business development products for greater consistency and accuracy in style and content.
- Work with the Library to understand all the resources that the Firm has at hand (across all offices) and what is available in the marketplace so that the firm is most efficiently and comprehensively capturing, filtering and disseminating research.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- At least 2+ years of demonstrated business development, research, or related experience within a law firm or professional services setting required.
- Extensive and proven knowledge of legal industry, landscape and range of practice areas, geographies and clients that are covered/represented by a global law firm.
- Demonstrated success as a member of a team of researchers/analysts in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proactively develop and implement business intelligence initiatives.
- Strong research skills required, previous experience identifying potential business opportunities preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources to competing projects while managing tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate with staff and attorneys. Strong analytical reasoning abilities required.
- Strong understanding of legal and business databases (e.g. CapitalIQ, Mergermarket, Law360, Hoover’s, PitchBook, Lexis, Monitorsuite, Pacer, Westlaw etc.) required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: $115,000.00-$120,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 10.25.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt