Senior Trial Technology & Desktop Analyst
New York, NY
The Senior Trial Technology & Desktop Analyst works with the Trial Services and Desktop teams in Information Systems to provide technology-related services and support to the firm’s lawyers and staff.
Under the direction of the Trial & Graphics Services Director, the Senior Analyst provides technology-related services and support for trials, arbitrations, and presentations as required to meet the needs of the firm, whether in-person, remote, or hybrid; including setting up and supporting global needs for remote temporary offices and collaborating across the firm’s operations team in providing concierge and logistical services while supporting temporary offices.
When not working on trial-related projects, the Senior Analyst will work with the Desktop & Mobility Services team to provide second level and hardware support to firm personnel for computers, applications, and mobile devices.
Trial Services functions:
- Technology planning and support for trials, arbitrations, proceedings, and presentations as required to meet the needs of the firm, whether in-person, remote, or hybrid.
- Providing on-site technology support for temporary trial offices, including providing first and second level support of deployed hardware, end-user application support and adherence of firm security procedures.
- Delivering concierge and logistical services for temporary trial offices, in conjunction with the administrative trial coordinator for each matter.
- Collaborating with and supporting the Trial Services Manager and Director in all technology planning of temporary trial offices, including: identifying and procuring required equipment, evaluating telecommunications resources and services, and by acting as the primary contact between trial teams and all trial site service providers.
- Managing and supporting the installation and use of presentation systems for trials and arbitrations, including conducting site-visits to courthouses and working with courthouse staff to ensure adequate presentation systems.
- Coordinating with other administrative groups, other law firms and outside trial and graphics vendors as necessary to support trial teams, including assisting firm management in the preparation of trial site contracts, budget proposals and trial expenses.
- Documenting recommended practices for trial-related activities and instructing others on those practices when appropriate.
- When not supporting trials, assisting the Desktop & Mobility Services team as needed.
Desktop & Mobility Services functions:
- Manage and respond to all support requests (incidents or service) submitted in ServiceNow.
- Perform desk side visits and/or remote troubleshooting support as needed.
- Deploys and provides direct support of firm issued hardware to end users; this includes desktops, laptops, printers, MFDs, monitors, telephones, mobile devices, wireless access cards and other peripherals.
- Provide second level support and troubleshooting for the following:
- Windows 10
- Applications – Microsoft 365 suite of apps, Lotus Notes, iManage/DeskSite, including non-standard installations.
- Work closely with the engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in the environment.
- Responsible for documenting and sharing any special end-user notes/requirements as well as creating knowledgebase articles.
- Participate in the creation, implementation and continual improvement of standards, processes and procedures required to deliver high quality service.
- Install and support the firm’s remote access technologies (Citrix and VPN).
- Perform virus remediation in conjunction with directives from the IS Security team.
- Deploy and maintain devices in line with the firm’s BYOD initiative.
- Performs hardware upgrades and repairs on all IS hardware.
- Builds and rebuild desktops and laptops using standardized tools.
- Coordinates with IS Inventory Specialist to maintain the inventory of the firm’s (general and loaner) equipment; laptops, desktops, printers, smartphones, tablets, wireless access cards in the asset tracking tool.
- Performs computer builds, office setup and mobile devices in preparation for the summer and fall associates as well as new hires.
- Follows equipment reclamation process for departing employees.
- Setup equipment in conference rooms, visiting attorneys/clients and perform quality control checks.
- Install, administer and maintain software on the MFDs.
- Coordinate issues with or redirect issues to appropriate departments.
- Coordinate support between vendors and users.
- Generate documentation for new process/update existing process (ex. new install procedures, software usage instructions, mobile app installation).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of seven years’ experience in desktop and remote access support.
- Three years’ experience providing trial office support, including experience in supporting virtual and hybrid proceedings.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in Windows Operating Systems and Applications including but not limited to current versions of:
- Windows 10,
- Microsoft 365 suite
- Remote Access (Citrix and VPN)
- Basic knowledge of the support of Apple operating systems and common applications.
- Knowledge of network topology, wireless networking and SCCM.
- A strong focus on client service and the ability to effectively complete designated job requirements under strict deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact, work productively and collaboratively with others and to communicate effectively with firm personnel, clients, and outside parties.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, along with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Travel will often be necessary and possibly for a duration of several weeks to months.
- On site during normal working hours and available when necessary before or after normal working hours; a flexible schedule is required.
- Required to monitor and respond to email after hours.
- Lifting and moving of computer equipment, boxes, and other items is required.
Salary: $85,000 – $115,000 based on experience
Date Active: 5.27.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt