Responsible for advanced legal and business research with heavy focus in corporate transactional and securities areas; and participation in the coordination of research services and training of associates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a member on the global research team as a senior corporate transaction/securities research specialist and performs comprehensive legal and business research across domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
- Executes often complex legal and non-legal research using online and print resources.
- Assists attorneys, law clerks, paralegals, and staff in all offices with research queries, current awareness monitoring, and research strategy.
- Collaborates with senior library staff regarding coordination and performance of library research services across all offices.
- Coordinates research workflow in the absence of the Research Manager, Library. Uses workflow software to track and manage research requests.
- Coordinates and/or conducts library research orientations, resource training programs, and prepares guides, videos, and training documents as needed.
- Supports and develops the library’s Intranet resources for all firm offices including development of guides to the library’s collection and subject bibliographies on topics of current interest.
- Participates in ongoing content and usage analysis of electronic and print resources with eye toward providing targeted resources and research efficiencies.
- Assists with projects to increase the accessibility, utilization, and discovery of research resources.
- Stays current on technological developments relating to online research and applications and best practices relevant to providing highly responsive research services.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MLS from an accredited graduate program and/or JD from an accredited law school strongly preferred. Minimum 5 years work experience as research librarian in an Am Law 100 firm or similar environment.
- Strong knowledge of M&A precedent research. Demonstrated experience working with transactional attorneys.
- Advanced proficiency in Westlaw, Lexis, Intelligize, CIQ, FactSet, and other library online resources.
- Strong service orientation and a history of developing effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other modern law firm productivity software tools; familiarity with Kira or Luminance, and Intralinks.
Salary: Open, dependent on experience
Date Active: September 17, 2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt