New York, NY
The Senior Regional Marketing and Business Development Specialist will focus on supporting brand elevation efforts, community relations, alumni relations and business development efforts in New York and New Jersey. This individual will manage events (internal and external) in New York, the New York office’s charitable program, New York sporting and entertainment tickets, and provide dedicated BD support to select practice groups.
Event Planning and Management & Office Support
- Set up and staff firm-sponsored seminars, third party exhibitions, community relations and alumni events. Duties include site selection support, menu planning, list development and management, invitations, RSVPs, registration, nametags, speaker recruitment, preparation and production of handouts and arranging for AV equipment and vendor relations.
- Plan, manage and execute all elements of local client events, office team building, alumni events and/or seminars, client receptions as well as internal and external social events.
- Identity, plan and serve as point of contact for New York office related community initiatives, including events, donations and outreach.
Sports Ticket Distribution and Suite Hospitality
- Provide logistical support and creative planning for the New York office sporting events and event theme nights, including managing guest invitations, business development opportunities, food & beverage requests, and ticket allocations.
- Attend games to provide on-site support and hospitality.
Business Development and Client Retention
- Assist Business Development Manager(s) with business development initiatives, including the firm’s diversity and alumni programs.
- Assist in managing the alumni database and develop periodic reports on pitch activity, alumni program, diversity upon request.
Provide Pitch Support
- Edit, proofread, draft and maintain materials such as pitches, proposals, lawyer profiles and similar materials.
- Create PowerPoint presentations.
- Create and maintain library of core pitch materials, deal/experience lists and client lists.
- Assist with proposal production with a focus on ushering materials through the stages between the inception of an RFP or similar opportunity to the delivery of the final product to the lead lawyer(s); and
- Assist with the tracking of pitch and proposal activity, including follow-up activities with marketing and business development personnel and lawyers to determine, document and share results and best practices.
- Draft, post and maintain event postings, and attorney bios.
- Provide support to attorneys and business development in the preparation and drafting of industry survey and client satisfaction submissions.
- Assist Business Development Manager(s) and Client Service Executive(s) to develop and maintain a regional New York client pipeline reports.
Operations and Systems
- Assist in the implementation of New York business development budget and marketing plan.
- Work cooperatively with staff and managers in the New York office to advance both marketing department and general administrative goals and projects.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, writing and/or project/ production management in a professional services arena (e.g., law, accounting, or consulting).
- 1+ year of event planning experience desired.
- Graphic design and PowerPoint skills desired.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem-solving skills, reasoning ability and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Enthusiastic, creative, proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be self-motivated to produce quality work.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Experience with proposal generation system and/or desktop publishing a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
*This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this job.
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 10.20.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt