Sr. Professional Development & Training Coordinator
New York, NY
The Senior Coordinator will report to the firm’s Director of Professional Development and Professional Development Senior Manager for the corporate and transactional departments. The Senior Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring that the firm’s training programs, projects, and initiatives are conducted in a professional manner and that the services delivered are of the highest quality.
- Under the direction of the Director of Professional Development and the Senior Professional Development Manager, the Senior Coordinator will:
- Assist Senior Managers and Director with planning and developing firm-wide training curricula for the Corporate and Transactional Departments.
- Coordinate logistics for firm-wide training programs, with a focus on the corporate and transactional departments, including creating and updating invitations, reminder emails, Zoom links, conference room reservations, catering orders, copy requests, etc.
- Attend and monitor live training programs.
- Assist in managing the Professional Development & Training Department’s training calendars and schedules in real time, working closely with other Firm departments.
- Create and update department files and records in real time, including attendance tracking charts, program lists and protocols.
- Draft continuing legal education (“CLE”) compliance documents, including sign-in sheets, affirmation forms, timed agendas, evaluation forms, etc. Input CLE credit information into the firm’s CLE tracking software. Collaborate with the firm’s CLE Administrator on updates, as necessary.
- Maintain internal training library of recordings.
- Help to brainstorm and implement improved processes for remote programming, tracking institutional knowledge around past training programs, feedback collection, etc.
- Assist in responding to attorney questions about training and development resources.
- Assist CLE Administrator, Senior Managers and Directors with CLE annual reports and audits, as needed.
- Collaborate with the firm’s technology and multimedia departments and assist in new tech adoption initiatives in support of other duties.
- Handle department administrative tasks, including “one-off” projects, as needed.
- Serve as general back-up support to other Coordinators, Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Chief for all programs and events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of administrative experience in a professional services firm. Experience in training and development, legal personnel, recruitment, inclusion, or other talent management roles a plus.
- Proficiency in Outlook (email and calendaring), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Zoom essential. Experience with iManage/Desk Site and Micron Systems CE Manager a plus.
- Flexibility, responsiveness, and the ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven, client-focused environment. Highly organized; able to keep track of, and prioritize, many time-sensitive tasks and change gears as priorities shift.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, including exceptional attention to detail, precision, and follow-up.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and Operations Team members throughout the firm.
- Highly motivated self-starter, strong work ethic, enthusiastic “can-do” attitude and eagerness to take ownership of job responsibilities and help the larger team, as necessary.
- Familiarity with (or interest in learning) New York State and other jurisdictions’ CLE rules a plus.
Date Active: 6.16.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt