Washington, DC office of a premier, forward thinking, global law firm has an immediate opening in their Real Estate practice for an experienced, motivated, and resourceful Senior Paralegal.
The Senior Paralegal applies transactional and legal knowledge to Real Estate matters to provide assistance to lawyers.
In this capacity, the Senior Paralegal will:
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Under the supervision of an attorney, coordinate, organize, prepare and interpret legal documents; Build and maintain relevant databases and files; File and provide copies to relevant parties;
- Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries;
- Assist with legal business transactions, and logistics, including local/remote set-up and travel arrangements;
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime as required; Travel as required; and
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
- Extensive experience reviewing titles and surveys, as well as preparing title reports and closing binders;
- Experience performing UCC searches and document review, in addition to corporate searches and organizing due diligence documents;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Advanced proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- Advanced knowledge of Firm and Real Estate practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications;
- Advanced knowledge of legal billing processes;
- At least 5 years of Paralegal experience;
- At least 5 years of relevant Real Estate experience;
- Notary Public (preferred); and
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate; Bachelor’s Degree.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 8.9.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt