New York, NY
New York office of a premier, forward thinking, global law firm has an immediate opening in their Finance Practice for an experienced, motivated, and resourceful Paralegal/Senior Paralegal.
In this capacity, the Paralegal/Senior Paralegal will
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services; Direct work and train team members;
- Work overtime as required; Travel as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- At least 5+ years’ Corporate/Finance experience;
- At least 5+ years’ Paralegal experience;
- Ordering lien searches and intellectual property searches;
- Preparing and filing UCC financing statements and intellectual property security interest filings;
- Analyzing results from UCC and intellectual property searches;
- Participating in deal-closing activities;
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate and/or Bachelor’s Degree;
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications; MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications; MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- Knowledge of Firm and Corporate practice-area-specific procedures and terminology (preferred);
- Knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications; and
- Knowledge of legal billing processes.
- All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 7.28.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt