San Francisco, New York, Boston or Washington D.C.
An Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Senior Manager of Client Events within their Marketing group in their San Francisco, New York, Boston or Washington D.C. office locations.
Guided by firm objectives, define best-in-class client event strategy and processes that will serve as a model for delivering client events firm wide. Assume leadership responsibility in collaborating with firm attorneys, management, and marketing teams to provide the vision to further the firm’s business development goals through client events. Take ownership in developing plans, project management and design for large-scale global client events and conferences. Support direct reports and ensure client service and satisfaction is attained in all areas of the position.
Events Expertise and Guidance
- Create and share repeatable processes for client events with colleagues. Serve as a valuable resource to colleagues across the firm on successful client events.
- Advise event owners on a broad range of options for their events – including virtual events – demonstrating depth of expertise and understanding of industry norms and business procedures.
- Ensure that events are consistently managed for professionalism, efficiencies, and adherence to the approved budget. Ensure all aspects of the event is coordinated with seamless attention to detail. Attend events, including virtual events, and provide guidance on any issues that arise during the event.
- Ensure proper preparation for events, allowing for seamless execution. Create “run of show” for client events and provide direction for day-of event support. For virtual client events, hold preparation sessions with external and internal speakers, providing insights on common problems and best practices.
- Ensure proper follow-up for client events, including updating Salesforce with new contact information, drafting internal follow-up communications with attorneys and assessing ROI. With direction from marketing leadership, implement inside sales campaigns for select events.
- Develop summary reports for meetings and events to record key data, such as cost and attendance analyses and event debriefing. Conduct event feedback surveys, sharing valuable insights within the firm and implementing appropriate changes based on that feedback.
- Maintain complete and organized records of all client events to track details and provide status and resource information.
- Act as main point person for key, strategic client events, such as the Firm’s Summit for Women In-House Counsel, among others. Serve as primary decision-maker for the concept of a wide variety of client events, in collaboration with marketing stakeholders on strategy and content, but with limited need for direction.
- Create optimal framework for marketing and business development leads to manage all aspects of client event marketing, including but not limited to: creating the communications plan, drafting the invitation and all additional mailings, building the mailing list, creating the campaign in Salesforce and measuring ROI. Work directly with partners on personal invitations, drafting template emails as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent significant experience.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in events management; law firm experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of client event and meetings management with direct work experience required.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- High degree of motivation, with driving sense of responsibility, accountability, and responsiveness.
- Strong business acumen; the ability to recognize event opportunities and to pursue them strategically.
- Excellent attention to details in all areas, including writing, copy editing, researching, and managing data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under strict deadlines.
Date Active: 7.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt