Office: New York, Boston, or Washington, DC
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Guided by the Firm’s practice and industry strategies, the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for driving Brown Rudnick’s messaging through multiple marketing channels and working with lawyers across the Firm to develop and implement communications strategies to meet business development goals and objectives.
Key responsibilities include: Managing the Firm’s marketing junior team members; managing public relations strategies and execution; overseeing digital marketing operations (website, social media, email marketing, CRM); managing the branding aspects of the Firm’s print and digital marketing collateral; supporting marketing and business development key events; overseeing all content production including drafting and editing for the Firm’s external and internal communications; ownership of writing and managing the Firm’s legal directory submissions.
Critical Success Factors
- This is a strategic, hands‐on position that requires ownership of projects and the ability to lead and manage/mentor junior members of the marketing team;
- Requires confidence in managing client and lawyer relationships and expectations;
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on writing for legal and business audiences;
- Requires strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills;
- Requires open collaboration with the business development team, outside vendors and consultants and other administrative professional staff;
- This role requires creativity and follow‐through on developing and executing new ideas to grow the Firm’s profile across key markets.
- Spearhead the Firm’s strategy with our PR agencies, including crafting press releases, building relationships with key media contacts, maintaining Brown Rudnick’s thought leadership and brand reputation with national and trade media, and attaining high‐value opportunities to build the Firm’s profile in key markets;
- Oversee the Firm’s digital marketing strategy including the Firm’s website maintenance and functionality; and the Firm’s integrated social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and blogs);
- Oversee the production, branding, and distribution of all marketing internal and external communication efforts, including all print and electronic collateral;
- Oversee the development and execution of new marketing collateral, including new attorney biographies and announcements, practice area descriptions, event collateral, etc.;
- Oversee the Firm’s legal directories and award submissions process;
- Organize and Assist with key Firm events;
- Work with the Business Development and Recruiting Teams on lawyer integration process;
- Support other administrative functions as appropriate with direct and regular interface with other administrative support teams.
- Ability to establish credibility with legal personnel at all levels of the Firm including Firm Management and CEO;
- Commitment to client service and attention to detail;
- High levels of organization, communication and writing skills;
- Flexibility, team‐work mentality and resourcefulness;
- At least 3 years of leadership, supervisory or management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related disciplines required;
- Some combination of Marketing and/or relevant business development experience preferred;
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Proficiency with legal marketing technology systems ‐ Email Marketing systems, CRM systems, Management Systems
- 6‐8 years of business experience, preferably in a legal or professional services/consulting environment;
- Some travel may be required.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 10.26.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt