New York, NY
The Legal Recruiting Sr. Manager will report to the Firm’s Director, Legal Recruiting and assist in all aspects of the legal recruiting process, including planning and overseeing the summer associate program; fall on-campus interviews; 1L, 3L, LLM & Judicial Clerk hiring; supervising legal recruitment staff.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Oversee preparation and management of summer program, including orientation; sibling/mentor assignments; training programs; summer calendar; rotation schedule; tracking assignments and evaluations; mid-summer/end-of-summer reviews; monitor summer program expenses and adherence to budget.
- Partner with departments/practice groups during summer program to support the assignment/evaluation process and organize luncheons/social activities and coordinator meetings.
- Manage recruiting/summer related events and follow up activities, including site selection, travel arrangements and lawyer participation. Oversee staffing and coordination of invitations, RSVPs and event success.
- Support Director and Hiring Committee in management of fall recruiting process; coordinate and schedule callback interviews; attend recruiting season events; compile data and charts regarding callback outcome; recruitment database input and updates as needed.
- Manage 1L recruiting process, including screening resumes; schedule interviews; greet and escort applicants; monitor follow up efforts and evaluations; expense reimbursements and tracking hiring results.
- Manage judicial clerk, LLM, and 3L hiring process including interviews, annual receptions, dinners and events.
- Produce NALP form; Chambers and related surveys & publications.
- Manage recruitment tracking software; generate reports; maintain recruitment statistics and historical data.
- Attend and participate in all Hiring Committee and Summer Program Committee meetings. Keep committee members abreast of current industry practices.
- Miscellaneous duties, including production of manuals, brochures, invitations, reports; review of resumes; correspond with candidates; marketing initiatives.
- Assist Director in supervising recruiting coordinators and assistants in the coordination of all summer and recruiting events. Oversee the staffing for each function.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 7+ years in legal or campus recruitment for a professional services or Big Law firm.
- At least 2 years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and experience supervising recruitment staff.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter; ability to remain self-directed and self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: Highly competitive market compensation
Date Active: 2.10.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt