San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, San Diego, Boston, New York, DC
An Am Law 50 law firm with offices worldwide, has an opening for a Senior Manager – Human Resources Business Partner within their Human Resources Department and can be located in any of their US office locations San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, San Diego, Boston, New York, DC.
It’s a great time to join the dynamic Human Resources team to play a critical role in driving results and culture for staff client teams across the firm. The opportunities with this role are:
- Proactively develop strong, value-add, and trusted advisor relationships with all members of client groups. Regularly meet with C-level and director clients to develop strategic plans for their areas.
- Coach client group leaders on strategic business directions while offering guided HR insight.
- Collaborate with Talent Development to create programs such as strategic planning, goal setting, peer coaching, management capabilities, leadership development, team building, change management, and diversity to enhance organization effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and expertise on organizational design and efficiency, including work processes, staffing, and reporting relationships.
- Manage the staff evaluation process in client groups as a core tool to promote a high-performing workplace. Collaborate with managers and employees in developing business goals and objectives. Provide guidance to managers in drafting reviews, presenting feedback, and making compensation decisions.
- Create and customize tools to promote recruitment and retention of top performers, leadership development, coaching; talent review, and succession planning. Integrate core processes and talent strategies into the business fabric of client groups. Coach managers to be skilled at identifying and acting on performance and developmental opportunities in their teams.
- Develop recruiting and position goals with managers; liaise with recruiters to provide insight on staffing needs, position requirements, how the role fits in the organization, unique considerations, talent profile, etc.
- Working with Employee Relations team, advise on complex ER issues. Diagnose and solve underlying HR issues occurring in client groups; develop and implement strategies to address them.
- Collaborate with other HRBPs and HR functional areas to execute on HR strategy, share information and best practices and ensure overall HR consistency across offices and functional departments. Participate on HR initiatives and programs, taking a leadership role as needed.
- Participate in developing and reviewing Firm policies. Collaborate with Employee Relations on policy interpretation and guidelines for client groups.
- Ensure compliance with relevant US and international laws and regulations. Keep abreast of laws, regulations and emerging trends.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, human resources, organizational development or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in place of a degree.
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of generalist work experience in Human Resources. International experience with Asia and Europe a plus.
- Law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Demonstrated success in linking solutions to business needs and implementing core people management processes.
- Experience collaborating with management teams across functions.
- Strong functional HR knowledge particularly in performance management, organizational development, training, recruitment, employee relations and metrics. Up-to-date knowledge of HR related laws such as discrimination, leave of absence, etc.
- Business acumen and ability to work effectively as a trusted advisor and coach to senior managers.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to gain credibility, build relationships and influence people. Common sense.
- Passion for problem solving, executing flawlessly and delivering high quality results for clients.
- Ability to think and act strategically and to be proactive and creative.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to be objective, discrete, and ethical.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite. Solid understanding of HRIS systems.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.1.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt