New York, NY
The Senior Manager, Corporate Department will work to maximize associate retention and productivity by serving as a liaison between the associates and partners and by working with the partners to develop strategic plans concerning associate performance, diversity and training. The individual will work to support and facilitate the professional development of the associates in the Corporate Department by monitoring the associate evaluation process and the mentoring program. The Sr. Manager will work closely with the Director, Practice Management and other senior managers on various ad hoc projects.
- Help new associates and lateral hires integrate into the department—including participation and assistance with the annual New Associate Orientation Program.
- Keep US Corporate partners aware of associate morale and training needs.
- Provide career guidance and coaching to Corporate associates.
- Liaise with the Director of Practice Management and the Professional Evaluation and Compensation Committee (PECC) for the Firm’s evaluation process. Attend all departmental partner meetings when associate evaluations are discussed.
- Gather and analyze continuous feedback for associates submitted throughout the year.
- Work with regional offices vis-a-vis associate availability, work flow and professional development opportunities.
- Work closely with the Director, Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and US Corporate Practice Group Heads to ensure diversity and inclusion of the department.
- Liaise with Director, Professional Development & Attorney Training to oversee the professional development and mentoring in the Corporate Department and track associate experiences and competencies.
- Attend Talent Management meetings to keep apprised of associate-related issues, programs, policies, etc.
- Coordinate department parties, social events, and other morale building activities for the associates and partners.
- Assist with programs and projects for the Talent Management Team, as needed.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge Skills and Ability
- 4+ Years of relevant legal experience or equivalent.
- Extremely strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening skills, strong diplomatic and influencing skills.
- Experience with Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- JD required.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 5.18.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt