New York, NY
Firm’s strategic communications function focuses on protecting and building the firm’s reputation as a global elite law firm and an employer of choice, supporting the firm’s business objectives, and influencing perceptions of the firm among key stakeholders.
The Sr. Manager, Communications (“Manager”) at Firm is responsible for the development and execution of external communications strategies to elevate the profile of the firm, business groups and partners in the Americas to meet the firm’s business development goals and objectives.
The manager will oversee the development, drafting, and execution of the firm’s communications; implement comprehensive marketing campaigns while creating and managing collateral creation, managing the content of digital media and directing client-facing communications. Additionally, the manager will support marketing and business development activities and elevate the firm’s nominations, awards, rankings and legal directory submissions through our media platforms.
The manager will help drive consistency and cohesion of messaging throughout all communications – both internal and external. Collaborating closely with the marketing and communications team, business development and business group colleagues, the manager will drive content creation and planning, execution, and deliverables of thought leadership, white papers, capabilities factsheets, talking points, writing and distribution of news releases, bylined articles, case studies, blogs, video scripts, as well as other materials.
The manager will utilize their communications/public relations expertise to help Firm strengthen its brand and build culture. The position offers a balance of ownership and autonomy on certain projects with the opportunity to get involved in broader initiatives and campaigns.
- Develop, plan, and execute strategic communications plan for the firm, business groups and key partners for the Americas in line with the firm’s broader marketing and business development strategy.
- Ensure consistency of firm brand and voice in all internal and external communications including social media, website, news releases, thought leadership and other collateral materials.
- Contribute to promoting the reputation of the firm by creating compelling content, reflecting the firm’s business objectives and focus areas for growth in news releases, by-lined articles, social media posts, videos, speeches, and other materials.
- Plan, create and execute thought leadership activities and positioning for the firm, individual business groups or partners.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the firm; collaborating with marketing, media relations and business development colleagues to produce outstanding content and drive consistency in messaging.
- Identify opportunities to highlight firm deal work and success stories, lateral partner hires, award wins, media or social media commentary on business and industry trends and other major news from the Americas across internal (i.e. intranet, firmwide newsletter, internal memos) and external channels.
- Develop comprehensive approach and strategy to managing firm’s awards strategy and advise on priority awards to enter to raise the firm profile as well as for specific practice groups and business services. Ensure awards and nominations are submitted correctly and within the deadline.
- Draft firm related talking points to support lateral partner integration and business development.
- Work with business development teams to create and maintain firm capabilities fact sheets, new attorney biographies and announcements, practice area descriptions and event collateral.
- Provide proposals team with consistent firm messaging written in firm voice and tone.
- Promote and support firm and sponsored events, webinars, and speaking engagements by drafting or editing web posts, invitations, speaking proposals, and program content, including bios, firm descriptions, and ads.
- Advise on social media posts, assets, and other digital communications.
- Position self as a trusted advisor to partners and senior stakeholders on external communications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and able to influence others to support objectives.
- An adept editor and agile writer who can craft copy in various voices and styles tailored to a range of outlets and audiences.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- A critical thinker with a solution-orientated attitude.
- Experience with marketing planning and collaborating in the crafting and execution of marketing campaigns preferred.
- Positive, assertive, enthusiastic, and passionate about media relations.
- Confident, proactive, and self-motivated personality is a must, with the ability to build relationships quickly.
- Strong advising and influencing skills; highly comfortable working with and counseling firm partners and senior-level staff.
- Strong sense of teamwork but confident to work autonomously.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities and consistently deliver high quality results in a timely manner.
- Great networking and advocacy skills, able to build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Education & Experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- 6 to 8 years relevant experience in communications. Law firm, professional services, or consulting environment preferable. Agency experience, working with professional services clients acceptable.
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing and business development strategy and implementation.
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours will be necessary.
Salary: $175,000.00-$200,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 4.2.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt