The Senior Business Development Manager for the Washington, DC Office will coordinate with the office/relevant practice group leaders to manage the day-to-day oversight and strategic execution of marketing, business development and communications goals for the office/practices.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Point person for all business development and marketing opportunities and efforts for the growing Washington, DC office.
- Work with partners in the Antitrust, White Collar/Investigations, Complex Commercial Litigation, Patent Litigation and Tax practices on business development planning and execution.
- Support practice group leaders in the development and implementation of business and client development plans.
- Work with colleagues in the communications and business development department to produce focused pitch materials, responses to RFPs, and ranking directory submissions (e.g., Chambers, Legal 500).
- Coordinate and oversee practice area communications including all thought leadership, client alerts, practice area blogs and article placements in legal publications (e.g. Law360).
- Oversight of all collateral marketing materials for the DC office and related practice areas – including maintenance of website, brochures, pitch templates, attorney bios, accolades, etc.
- Collaborate with other senior Business Development team members to create and execute lateral integration business/marketing plans for all new DC partners and counsel to ensure both the attorney and firm benefits from an early client development strategy.
- Work with practice group leaders to develop and implement select client teams to deepen and broaden client relationships.
- Manage and oversee (with colleagues in Business Development) substantive client BD and entertainment events (e.g. in-house client CLEs, seminars, webinars, and various sporting events/outings).
- Evaluate and manage implementation of conference sponsorships.
- Other projects as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in law firm or similar global professional services firm.
- Extremely strong organizational skills.
- Self-initiator who is highly persistent in overseeing projects to successful completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various administrative groups and to work closely with lawyers of all levels within a large law firm setting.
- Strong follow up skills and the ability to be persuasive in managing priorities.
- Excellent listening skills, strong diplomatic and influencing skills.
- Experience with databases and comfortable with basic administrative tasks.
- Familiarity working with various business stakeholders in a large law firm environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Salary: $175,000.00-$200,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 3.25.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt