Senior Legal Personnel Manager – Capital Markets
New York, NY
Under the direction of the Legal Personnel Director – Corporate, the Sr. Legal Personnel Manager will support the Capital Markets practice group leaders and the administration of the Capital Markets practice group, including assistance with Capital Markets associate staffing and professional development.
- Provide support to Capital Markets partners with regard to associate needs, including staffing and utilization, ongoing monitoring and analysis of workloads and tracking skills and experience to make recommendations on staffing requests
- Assist in the annual evaluation process for associates and counsel; solicit and compile interim feedback
- Serve as a resource for the Capital Markets associates in connection with assignments, interpersonal issues, and career planning
- Strategize with Capital Markets practice group leaders to develop and implement new initiatives
- Meet regularly with associates to assess morale, identify training issues, answer questions and address concerns
- Meet with lateral hires when they join the firm; check-in with new laterals periodically to ensure they are transitioning successfully
- Conduct exit interviews
- Undergraduate degree required, J.D. preferred
- At least 10 years of professional service experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years of law firm experience; experience in practice group or talent management in large law firm preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the Firm.
- Highly organized and self-directed approach to work with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with intense client service orientation.
- Creativity in developing solutions and achieving results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters.
Salary: $140,000 to $160,000 based on experience
Date Active: 5.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt