New York, NY
Our client is looking for a Senior Legal Billing and Data Analyst to sit in their New York office. The Senior Legal Billing and Data Analyst is highly skilled and experienced in billing management, expertise in E-billing processes, advanced knowledge of the Thomson Reuters 3E product suite as well as experience in conflict resolution, collections, and managing unbilled accounts.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the billing team, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with policies and regulations, working closely with the Billing Manager.
- Use robust data analysis skills to identify trends, improve processes, and provide insights to the billing team and senior management.
- Generate comprehensive reports and metrics using the Thomson Reuters 3E product suite to support strategic decision-making and financial analysis.
- Ensure adherence to company standards and regulatory guidelines to maintain audit-readiness.
- Accurately and timely process invoices, utilizing E-billing systems and adhering to client billing guidelines.
- Proactively manage collections activities and follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with attorneys and clients, address billing inquiries, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate with internal teams to streamline billing processes, improve data maintenance efficiency, and reduce errors.
- Monitor unbilled accounts to ensure timely billing and resolution of outstanding matters.
- Assist with the Conflict Search and New Matter Intake Process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in law firm billing, overseeing complex billing processes, collections, and managing unbilled accounts.
- Strong expertise in E-billing systems, electronic invoicing, and compliance with client billing guidelines.
- Advanced user of the Thomson Reuters 3E product suite, Power BI proficiency in generating reports and metrics.
- Experience in collections, with a proven track record of effectively managing outstanding invoices and resolving payment issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interact with clients and colleagues.
- Detail-oriented mindset, ensuring accurate billing records, thorough financial analysis, and proactive management of unbilled accounts.
- Proven ability to streamline billing processes.
- Advanced Excel, Analytical Reporting tools experience, i.e. Power BI, SQL knowledge is a big plus.
The expected base salary for this role ranges from $110,000 – $140,000. The base salary offer is based on a variety of factors which includes, but not limited to qualifications, education and experience.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Salary: $110,000 – $140,000
Date Active: 9.26.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt