New York, NY or Melville, NY
This Senior Health & Wellness Specialist (Specialist) will provide subject matter expertise (SME) to firm employees regarding benefit issues and concerns and will respond to many complex questions. Under the direction of the Supervisor, Benefits & Wellbeing, the Specialist will administer employee benefits, interpret, and process employee benefit programs, facilitate information presentations, and maintain employee records associated with all benefit plans, among other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of health & welfare plans, including but not limited to, assisting employees and partners with the various benefit plans available, monitoring Workday notifications, processing enrollments, and coordinating benefit deductions with the payroll and finance department.
- Coordinate the reconciliation and payments of department invoices.
- Liaise with the finance team to reconcile various benefit accounts.
- Assist Supervisor, Benefits & Wellbeing, and Manger, Benefits with the annual Open Enrollment Period for the active population, as well as COBRA and retiree medical participants.
- Assist Supervisor, Benefits & Wellbeing with the Firm’s robust wellbeing initiatives including the new onsite health & fitness centers.
- Assist Supervisor, Benefits & Wellbeing, and Manger, Benefits with additional department initiatives and tasks such as filing 5500’s.
- Review and recommend improvements to ensure continued efficiency throughout the department.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong knowledge, understanding and ability to interpret laws, regulations, and policies as they relate to Health & Welfare Benefit Plans, including but not limited to, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, Pre-Tax Benefit Plans and San Francisco Health Care Reporting.
- Intermediate-Advanced skills in Excel required as well as comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft office suite; Internet research skills; familiarity with HR systems preferred (Workday a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to independently research and analyze various types of data and develop meaningful results/recommendations.
- Strong, professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish a high degree of trust and credibility at all levels within the firm.
- Able to work effectively both autonomously, as well as collaboratively. Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment consistently and deliver high quality results in a timely manner; responsive and service-oriented.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; highly detail oriented.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to seven years of prior benefits administration experience.
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- May be required to travel between office locations in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- The ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Flexibility to work overtime or outside standard business hours as required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.7.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt