New York, NY
As a Senior Finance Paralegal, you will be a critical member of the deal team for the Firm’s sophisticated financing matters. You will be in continuous communication with the partners and associates on the team, and will have direct contact with clients and opposing counsel. The position requires strong organizational skills, strong oral and business e-mail communication skills, and computer proficiency. Observes confidentiality of Firm matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with attorneys and clients on all phases of a transaction, and assist in coordinating financing transactions from inception to closing.
- Serve as a critical liaison with the client and any outside law firms to facilitate the transaction.
- Prepare important documentation, including signing/closing checklists, certificates, document indexes, signature pages, and working group lists.
- Assist attorneys and clients in preparing schedules and closing documentation.
- Oversee outside service agencies when they perform lien searches, good standing checks, and similar tasks.
- Prepare and file financing statements.
- Prepare executed documents to ensure proper execution, inclusion of all attachments and page correctness.
- Assist with preparing and updating critical group projects and resources, including maintaining transaction and precedent lists, analyzing deal data, assisting with preparation of materials for speaking engagements, and research as requested.
- Other tasks as directed by attorneys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Self-starter who takes initiative and enjoys being part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest in legal or finance fields.
- Computer skills (MS Office and Adobe Professional) and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Willingness to work long hours and to be on call for important matters and tasks.
Education and Experience
- College graduate with at least 5 years of paralegal or similar experience at major law firm(s), with particular experience working on financing, banking and/or securities matters.
Salary: Highly competitive and well above market
Date Active: 11.20.2018
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt