New York, NY
Our Client is a unique private management company overseeing the assets of a select few families. We’re seeking a high-quality candidate with relevant administrative experience that can be applied across various legal and investment management activities. Our company oversees all aspects of a broad portfolio of investments including real estate, operating businesses, and venture capital. We are a small group of professionals doing interesting and challenging work in an intimate environment.
The role we are looking to fill demands a combination of skills as it has elements of a Senior Executive Assistant as well as an Office Manager, so the right person will be well organized and good at getting things done independently. You will work as a team member directly for, and in constant collaboration with, the CEO, CFO and General Counsel (as well as members of the client families) and be exposed to every area of the business.
The primary function of this role will be overseeing the office’s basic operations and providing executive support.
- This is an in-person role and you’ll be expected to be in the company’s offices in midtown Manhattan two days a week. However, very rarely will you be asked to work outside 9am to 5pm.
- Provide ongoing executive assistance support to the CEO.
- This includes basic technology support – the right candidate will be very proficient with general office technology (Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive, Teams, etc.), and having a good working knowledge of social media is a plus.
- Help oversee the administration of the company’s health insurance plan.
- Maintain the office and coordinate purchase of supplies and any needed repairs.
- Relay messages and route correspondence.
- Occasionally help schedule and run meetings, including room set-up, presentation materials organization, and refreshment ordering.
- Occasionally assist in booking business travel arrangements and accommodations.
- Contribute to the company’s excellence by being professional and offering quality service and a “can do” attitude to all co-workers, clients, and vendors.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects as directed.
- Assemble confidential and sensitive information.
- Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience as an executive assistant.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Excellent communication skills, be it via email/text, telephone or in-person.
- Discretion and confidentiality are a must.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Skills in social media and creating PowerPoint presentations a plus.
- Experience within a law firm, other legal, or similar environments a plus.
- Experience with C-level support
- Experience with Commercial Real Estate a plus
- Comfort with basic bookkeeping and math a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater, preferred but not necessary.
$20-$40/hour, depending on experience and qualifications. This position is nonexempt, although overtime is not a regular expectation.
Salary: $20-$40/hour, depending on experience and qualifications
Date Active: 5.15.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt